Bachelor’s degree with major coursework in sociology, social work, psychology, criminal justice, counseling or a related field. A high school diploma and 12 semester credit hours in sociology, social welfare, psychology, gerontology, criminal justice, counseling or other social sciences plus 2 years in direct contact with mental health consumers. Valid driver’s license required. Bilingual skills (Spanish/English) are a plus.
- In a flexible and creative manner, respond to the needs of consumers and potential consumers both in an office setting (approximately 70% of the time) and in the community (approximately 30%)
- Assess needs, and provide information and referral for behavioral health and other human services (including health insurance applications) to consumers and their families.
- Arrange for the provision of emergency services including food, shelter, hospitalization, transportation and other basic needs.
- Provide on-site and community-based support for new consumers awaiting assignment to agency programs including recovery coaching, and follow up for consumers discharged from these services.
- Advocate for consumers and collaborate with other community agencies, such as DPA, social security, Mental Health Association of SE PA., other MH/MR agencies etc. in meeting the needs of the consumers.
- Serve as the agency’s primary liaison and follow-up coordinator throughout the behavioral health commitment process
- Assist psychiatrists, therapists, and recovery coaches in arranging for hospitalizations.
- Assist psychiatrists in completing care plans as needed.
- Complete ASAM assessments when needed
- Complete Crisis Prevention and other trainings as assigned by supervisor.
- Complete all other duties as assigned by supervisor
In accordance with state regulations, all prospective employees must provide a copy of their Federal Criminal History Record (DHS FBI Background Check), PA Criminal Background Check and PA Child Abuse Clearance prior to a job offer being extended.
*Central Behavioral Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Care Provider