Provides for the care and management of the mental health needs of the patient population of a partial care treatment center.
- Provides mental health services such as intake, crisis intervention, individual counseling and group counseling.
- Analyzes psychological/psychosocial aspects of individual interrelationships to gain understanding of an individual’s thoughts, feelings and behaviors.
- Acts as a member of the treatment team to determine, coordinate and implement appropriate patient care.
- Prepares and regularly maintains progress notes and discharge summaries on patients.
- Maintains a therapeutic and safe environment for all patients.
- Facilitates regular therapeutic groups that address specific identified treatment issues and reinforces the patient’s treatment plan.
- Provides observational feedback within the multidisciplinary team context.
- Maintains certification in Handle with Care behavior management system.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling or related field.
- Must possess a current and valid LCSW.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.