Intern or Volunteer with Changing The Present to Gain Experience and Make a Difference!
- Help us capture for nonprofits addressing some of the $450 billion Americans spend each year buying presents.
- Become a member of our dynamic and creative international team
- Assume real responsibility. No coffee runs here! Be a leader among those who share your commitment to making the world a better place, and do work that matters.
- Internships available in: finance, social media, graphics, research, fundraising, sponsorships, Public Relations (PR), Human Resources (HR), and marketing. You can also focus on any favorite cause.
Focus on Your Professional Skills or Your Favorite Cause
Some interns focus on their professional or academic skills, such as accounting, Human Resources, graphics, communications, research, and technology.
Others focus on their favorite cause(s). They research and reach out to potential advisors, potential philanthropic funders for growth funding, nonprofits, and the public, via media, social media, professional associations, student organizations, and celebrities.
ChangingThePresent.org is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. We help channel to nonprofits some of the $450 billion Americans spend each year on birthday, holiday, and other gifts. We do that by making the experience of a donation, given in a friend’s name, feel like a great gift and a meaningful alternative to buying yet more “stuff.” That involves tangible giving opportunities (preserve an acre of the rain forest, fund an hour of cancer research, etc.), personalized greeting cards, wish lists and registries. No wonder the New York Times called us an “Amazon.com of the nonprofit world.”
- Work at our office or remotely. We are conveniently located at 7th Avenue and 33 Street, across from Penn Station in Manhattan.
- Full-time or part-time; school-year or summer.
Some of the Causes We Address
We address every cause, including these: African-American, Agriculture, Aging, Animals, Art Education, Arts and Culture, Blindness & Vision, Brazil, Bullying, Cancer, Catholic, Children, China, Christian, Civil Society, Climate Change, Community Health, Computer Literacy, Deafness, Diabetes, Disabilities, Disaster Relief, Domestic Abuse, Early Childhood Education, Environment, Financial Literacy, Gender Equality, Global Health, Global Warming, Health, Higher Education, Hispanic, Hispanic, HIV and AIDS, Housing, Human Rights, Human Trafficking and Slavery, Hunger, India, Jewish, K-12 Education, Latino, Legal Services, LGBTQ, Literacy, Medical Research, Mental Health, Microcredit, Multiple Sclerosis, Native Americans, NewYork, Peace, Poverty, Public Broadcast, Refugees, Sea And Marine Resources, Sexual Abuse, Special Education, STEM Education, Suicide Prevention, Sustainable Consumption And Production, Sustainable Development Goals, Technology, Veterans, Vocational Education, Water, Women And Girls, Youth Sports.
Learn More and Apply Now
Read more about our internships at:
Then, please send a resume and short cover letter about your specific interests and your available dates/days/hours to: join [AT] ChangingThePresent [DOT] org.