About Charles River Associates
CRA is a top global consulting firm that provides independent economic and financial analysis behind litigation matters, guides businesses through critical strategy and operational issues to become more profitable, and advises governments on the economic impact of policies and regulations. Our two main services – economic and management consulting – are delivered by practice groups that focus on specific areas of expertise or industries. By providing innovative and analytic perspectives to complex issues, CRA delivers meaningful, customized and practical solutions to our clients.
Our Summer Analyst/Associate Internship program is meant to mirror the analyst experience to give you a greater understanding of our business and the type of work that is done at Charles River Associates. Throughout the 8-10 week program, Analyst/Associate Interns work closely with both senior and junior staff on project teams across a variety of industries, and apply economic, financial and business principles to solve real-world problems. We offer a competitive compensation package, professional development opportunities, and a work environment that is collegial and entrepreneurial.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Charles River Associates is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our focus on equity and inclusion, we work to ensure a fair and consistent hiring process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment.
Hiring Practices and Locations:
- Antitrust and Competition Economics (Boston, MA, Chicago, IL, College Station, TX, Oakland/San Francisco Bay Area, CA, Salt Lake City, UT, Washington, DC)
- Energy (Boston, MA, Washington, DC)
- Finance (Boston, MA, Chicago, IL, Oakland/San Francisco Bay Area, CA)
- Financial Economics (Washington, DC)
- Forensic Services (Boston, MA, Chicago, IL, Toronto, ON, Washington, DC)
- Intellectual Property (Chicago, IL, New York, NY)
- Life Sciences (Boston, MA, New York, NY, San Francisco, CA, Toronto, Ontario, Washington, DC).
- Risk, Investigations & Analytics (New York, NY)
What can CRA do for you?
- You will work alongside some of the most respected scholars, specialists, industry experts and regulators in the world. CRA colleagues overseeing your development will often have PhD-level training and/or extensive industry or strategy consulting experience.
- You get access to mentorship and coaching from an assigned senior staff colleague
- Flexible feedback framework to provide continuous on-the-job feedback
- Opportunities in recruiting, training, corporate sports teams, and volunteer activities in the local community
- In-house immigration support for foreign nationals
- Wellness program to promote health and well-being (e.g. nutrition counselling, financial wellbeing seminars, team fitness competitions)
What can you expect working as a consultant?
During the Analyst/Associate Internship program, you can expect to work on many aspects of a project:
- Analyzing economic and financial data using spreadsheets and databases
- Ensuring the integrity and accuracy of analyses
- Programming, model building, and regression analysis in statistical analysis programs, such as SAS and Stata
- Assisting in the production and development of research summaries, expert reports, and the presentation of findings
- Reviewing and summarizing analyst reports, client documents, and industry trade press
- Conducting industry, market, and competitor research
- Performing interview-based research on behalf of commercial clients, government entities, and industry associations
What can you expect working as a consultant?
We’re looking for analytical, highly-motivated Juniors and first-year Masters students (non-MBA) majoring in economics, finance, mathematics, statistics, accounting, computer science, cybersecurity, engineering, life sciences or another quantitative discipline. We place high value on knowledge of economic and financial concepts, research experience, quantitative ability, exceptional written and oral communication skills, and a high level of initiative. We expect Analyst/Associate Interns to use data and analysis to solve problems, effectively manage their time and prioritize tasks, and take pride and ownership in their work. Note: Verbal Mandarin language skills and written Simplified Chinese language skills are required for candidates to be considered for work on China Competition projects.
How to Apply
To be considered for the Analyst/Associate Internship program, please submit your resume, cover letter, AND unofficial transcript with your online application to https://grnh.se/b8531e361us.
Please note any location and practice preferences in your cover letter and in the CRA online application .
Note: The start date for this position is Summer 2022.