For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
We are seeking a Research Associate 2 – Analytical for our Biologics site located in Shrewsbury, MA.
The following are responsibilities related to the Research Associate 2 – Analytical:
• Independently perform laboratory activities including but not limited to reagent preparation, laboratory maintenance/monitoring of equipment, routine testing of client samples, and the generation of routine cGMP and R&D reports
• Independently perform a variety of analytical laboratory experiments, tests and procedures following well-defined techniques and guidelines, including:
o Routine compendial (USP and Non-USP) testing offerings
o Demonstrated proficiency in a minimum of 3 Advanced Routine Testing offerings which include but are not limited to:
Biologics Chromatography Analyses
Process Related Residuals Chromatographic Analyses
Quantitative Monosaccharide and Sialic Acid Analysis
ELISA/ Immunoassay Analyses
Drug Product Excipient Analyses
N- Terminal Sequencing
Amino Acid Compositional Analysis/Extinction Coefficient Determination
• Excellent pipetting skills (single, multichannel, repeat, and reverse)
• Review, interpret, analyze, evaluate, integrate and present experimental data
• Monitor key project events.
• Independently troubleshoot unexpected/invalid results, prioritize workload and solve moderately complex problems.
• Interact with clients to assist in creating experimental designs specific to new projects.
• Assist with client communication, project tracking and coordination.
• For both cGMP and R&D grade routine testing, generate analytical data and technical report(s) on-time with respect to internal and client deadlines. Maintain a weekly schedule to ensure all timelines are met.
• Perform assay and equipment troubleshooting independently for those assays which you are proficient in.
• Participate in client/sponsor relationships (e.g. technology transfer, conference calls and sharing of technical information).
• Perform all other related duties as required.
The following are minimum qualifications related to the Research Associate 2 – Analytical position:
• Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) or equivalent in biochemistry, chemistry or related discipline.
• Experience: Minimum 3 years related industry experience in an analytical laboratory in the Pharmaceutical, Biotech or contract research laboratory (CRO) environment.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above
About Biologics Testing Solutions
With more than 50 years of experience and proven regulatory expertise, the Charles River Biologics group can address challenging projects for biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies worldwide. Offering a variety of services such as contamination and impurity testing, protein characterization, bioassays, viral clearance studies and stability and lot release programs, we support clients throughout the biologic development cycle, from the establishment and characterization of cell banks through preclinical and clinical studies to marketed products. Whether clients need stand-alone services, a unique package of testing, or insourced support, our Biologics group can create a custom solution to suit their needs. Each year more than 20,000 biologic testing reports are sent each and over 200 licenses products are supported by our biologics testing solutions team.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 17,000 employees within 90 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2018, revenue increased to $2.62 billion.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~85% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2019.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Vet