Chicago Shakespeare Theater is seeking an Assistant to the Creative Producer. This position supports the Creative Producer with scheduling, logistics, communication and correspondence with internal departments, external artists and contacts. The assistant facilitates ongoing work within the artistic office including development of new plays and musicals, season planning, special projects, and all CST productions.
This is a part-time, hourly position.
9am-3pm (some flexibility)
Some evenings and weekends possible
· Assist and support the Creative Producer with all artistic projects and day to day work
· Interface with internal and external collaborators on behalf of Creative Producer and artistic department
· Maintain Creative Producer’s schedule and calendar
· Schedule and organize meetings and prepare materials as needed
· Create presentational materials and oversee tech support as needed
· Work with Associate Producer on processing New Work submissions and maintaining database
· Manage artistic department financial log and organize payments
· Experience working with a wide range of people and personality types.
· Knowledge of the Chicago theater community a plus.
· Experience and proficiency in MS Office and Google suites.
· Comfort using multiple databases (Tessitura is preferred).
· Highly organized and driven, with the ability to plan and manage strategically.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Capable of setting priorities, while having the ability to shift work seamlessly when priorities change.
· Ability to work collaboratively and independently in a fast-paced theater environment.
· Personable, positive, and diplomatic.
· Possess exceptional work ethic.
· Ability to work some nights and weekends for special events, etc.
· Understanding of the principles of inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility and their importance