Program Coordinator – Community Impact
Philadelphia, PA, US, 19104
Location: LOC_1300_MKT-Wanamaker Building
Req ID: 134273
Employment Status: Regular – Full Time
The Program Coordinator is responsible for leading day-to-day tasks that advance the goals of the Healthier Together initiative. Healthier Together is an innovative 5-year, $25 million program to improve the health of children in West/Southwest Philadelphia by addressing social determinants of health including housing, trauma, hunger, and poverty. This role reports to the Senior Director of Community Engagement in the Office of Community Relations.
This position is ideal for a person interested in public or community health. The ideal candidate is an organized and driven team player, with the ability to problem solve independently and exhibit professionalism while working with all levels of an organization.
Lead day-to-day project management
- Create and manage workplans for assigned projects with minimal supervision in order to meet target deliverables and milestones
- Anticipate and mitigate potential delays/risks to projects
- Manage vendor relationships including contract creation and review, payments, performance, and issue resolution with minimal oversight
- Collaborate with Senior Data Analyst to review project performance at regular evaluation meetings with project stakeholders
- Support professional development of junior team members (associates and co-ops) by providing guidance and being an additional point of contact for project-related issues
Support communication and promotion
- Draft appropriate messaging for Healthier Together communications (reports, presentations, website, op-eds) for CHOP staff, community members, prospective donors, and media in collaboration with Development and Marketing/PR
- Support proposal development for grants and awards
- Seek opportunities to promote and present Healthier Together impact at relevant conferences and events
Relationship and knowledge building
- Inform and solicit feedback from community about Healthier Together
- Identify and cultivate new potential collaborations to enhance Healthier Together’s impact
- Develop and maintain relationships with CHOP stakeholders, peer hospitals, government officials, and community-based organizations
- Stay current on leading national models of social determinants of health
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
Required Education and Experience
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Required Experience: At least three (3) years’ experience related to healthcare, public health, community health, business, or non-profit leadership experience required.
Preferred Education, Experience & Cert/Lic
Preferred Education: Master’s Degree
Additional Technical Requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction or correction required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated experience in project management
- Passion for health equity and optimal child and family health outcomes
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products.
Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.
CHOP Careers Contact
2716 South Street, 6th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19146