Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
About Chubb’s Early Career Development Program
Chubb is looking for professionals with a Bachelor’s Degree in a business related major (Accounting, Finance, MIS) to join our Chubb Associate Program, an early career development program. This is a permanent full-time position and a compelling opportunity to join a global, growing, financially stable and successful company. As the industry leader, Chubb is an employer of choice for students aspiring to develop a meaningful career in a fast-paced, diverse company with offices in most major US cities.
At Chubb, we have designed our Chubb Associate Program to hone your skills and talents, to help you reach your career goals. By joining the Chubb Associate Program, you will be part of an experience that supports the well-rounded development of critical business skills which in turn contributes to the future success of our company. Our blended program is designed to include hands-on business assignments in a variety of disciplines, interactive classroom instruction, team assignments and direct interaction with many of our senior executives. As part of this program you will receive:
- Business training unique to a career at Chubb;
- Technical training to deepen your skill level within your chosen discipline; and an understanding of our broader industry;
- Interpersonal effectiveness training to help you gain strong communication and interactive skills;
- Access to additional training to compliment your professional development.
You, along with your program peers, form a unique community of achievers who we believe will become the future leaders of Chubb.
As a part of the Finance team, the financial professional will work closely with various finance units, including underwriting, reinsurance, investments and actuarial departments, on a wide variety of projects and processes. In this role, you will interact with a diverse group of internal personnel, including other financial analysts, divisional leadership, and functional staff to interpret financial data and operational performance. Primary responsibility is to analyze financial status by collecting, monitoring, and studying data; recommending actions.
- Analyzes data and explains monthly, quarterly and year to date business results via detailed commentary and supporting variance analysis.
- Determines cost of operations by establishing standard costs; collecting operational data.
- Identifies financial status by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts.
- Guides cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures; providing trends and forecasts; explaining processes and techniques; recommending actions.
- Improves financial status by analyzing results; monitoring variances; identifying trends; recommending actions to management.
- Reconciles transactions by comparing and correcting data.
- Maintains database by entering, verifying, and backing up data.
- Recommends actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses; studying proposed changes in methods and materials.
- Increases productivity by developing automated accounting applications; coordinating information requirements.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related major (Accounting, Finance, MIS) in process or completed
- Up to 2 years of accounting or auditing experience, or related coursework & familiarity with U.S./ International Accounting Rules is greatly valued.
- Some knowledge of insurance concepts, practices, and procedures is desirable
- MS Office experience, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Oral and written communication skills
Who are we looking for?
Successful professionals at Chubb come from many backgrounds and experiences and bring that rich diversity with them to our company. They also have some things in common and these attributes will lead to your success at Chubb:
- Results orientation: a demonstrated ability to meet commitments under pressure
- Practical intellectual adaptability: capable and successful at adapting to new knowledge
- Personal capacity: accepting and welcoming of additional responsibility over time
- Communication skills: an ability to communicate successfully in various settings
- Interpersonal/team skills: works effectively with colleagues at all levels
- Self-leadership: an ability to take full ownership of work and show initiative as needed
- Client focused: understanding of the needs of customers and clients
- Work ethic: a commitment to hard work and a high ethical conduct
How to apply?
We post open roles to Handshake and Chubb’s website. Click here to look for openings and apply.
Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, mental and physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, age, and pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by law. Performance and qualifications are the only basis upon which we hire, assign, promote, compensate, develop and retain employees. Chubb prohibits all unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliation against any individual who reports discrimination or harassment.