OUR SUMMER INTERNSHIP PROGRAM is designed to offer great work experience to complement your classroom training and career goals. We are devoted to finding, selecting and training interns who will make a positive impact on our company while offering a full learning experience in the discipline of equity analysis. The Intern will work alongside a lean, proven team of equity investment professionals, gaining technical and analytical skills.
Interns are assigned to a CIBC Private Wealth equity analyst(s) for the summer, and placement decisions are based on interests, skills, and position availability. Throughout the summer, interns are provided with direction, coaching and mentoring so they may perform at their personal best.
As part of the application, please communicate why you are interested in this position and what you will bring to this position. Please answer this question from the perspective of your life experience, not limited to your investment experience.
The application deadline for this internship is February 26, 2021.
Specific internship responsibilities are determined closer to the start date and depend on the needs of the hiring department. Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Learning the basics of equity investment research and portfolio management;
- Performing quantitative and qualitative analysis on current and prospective investments, which may include any or all of the following:
- financial modeling, forecasting, and valuation analysis;
- ESG analysis, including targets, progress on targets and intentionality;
- company research, including identification of competitive advantages and risks;
- operational due diligence, for example, meeting with company management and/or attending investor events (presently virtual);
- utilization of SEC filings, sell-side reports, industry research and web-based research;
- listening to and summarizing public company earnings conference calls;
- writing of investment reports;
- assisting with thematic research;
- communicating insights with the investment team.
- 10-12 week duration desired, flexible start and end dates
- 40-hour work week, Monday through Friday
- Paid opportunity
- This internship is for undergraduate students who are independent and self-motivated, with a strong interest in the public equity markets.
- The candidate should possess:
- Intellectual curiosity and independence of thought;
- Superior quantitative and analytical abilities;
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to express facts and ideas clearly both verbally and in writing;
- Good judgment and professionalism in both work products and interactions;
- Competency with Microsoft Office’s Excel; familiarity with either Bloomberg or Factset is helpful.