Citadel’s Global Fixed Income business is looking to hire a market-oriented economist Intern to sit on the fixed income trading desk. This individual will be classically trained in economics and econometrics, pursuing a degree from a top university. As an important resource, the desk-based market economist Intern will be responsible for the following:
- Building and maintaining models aimed at capturing business cycle trends.
- Processing, analyzing, and interpreting large dataset, to gleam insight into macro-economic trends.
- Developing modeling tools and Machine Learning toolkits tailored to macro econometric modeling.
- Spearheading general miscellaneous projects requiring the application of macro-economic theory and expertise.
- Experience in economic analysis and econometric modeling in Fixed Income.
- Technical education in economics or a similar field.
- Experience with one of the following econometric software packages: Python, R
- Successful candidates must enjoy being a part of a bright, hard-working, and partnership culture where dialogue is promoted, and ideas shared openly.
- Unimpeachable integrity and an uncompromised reputation.
- Must possess a high level of intellectual curiosity around the markets, and be driven to succeed with the appropriate level of tenacity and persistence usually found in desk-based economists.
- These individuals must be immediately accretive to the team, and be comfortable working in a collaborative team-based environment, while checking their egos at the door. Additionally, they should be able to effectively communicate their views to the team in an impactful manner.
- Successful candidates will be able to work with a fair degree of autonomy and demonstrate tremendous initiative and sense of personal accountability, but remain a team player and enjoy contributing in a cooperative and entrepreneurial environment.