CMMB – Healthier Lives Worldwide is an international, faith-based NGO providing long-term, co-operative, medical and development aid to communities affected by poverty and unequal access to healthcare. For over a century, we have worked to strengthen and support communities through healthcare programs and initiatives, the distribution of medicines and medical supplies, and the placement of volunteers.
CMMB’s Volunteer Program addresses the critical need for professionals in areas that lack sufficient resources for quality preventive and curative health services, especially for women and children. Our Volunteer Program has placed thousands of practitioners around the world to help develop and implement community health interventions, work at local hospitals and health facilities, conduct clinical training for host country counterparts, and deliver essential medicines and supplies. The ultimate goal of CMMB’s Volunteer Program is to support our country teams and local healthcare workers by sending volunteers that are dedicated to strengthening local health systems and supporting a pattern of sustainable development.
We believe in a world in which health and human dignity are shared by all.
We believe that access to quality healthcare is a basic human right. For more than 100 years, we have worked with global partners to deliver locally sustainable, quality healthcare solutions to women, children, and their communities. We’re ready to make it 100 more.
We believe change starts with her.
We work tirelessly for women’s and children’s health because they are disproportionately affected by illness and poverty. We know that healthy, educated, and empowered women are better able to raise healthy, educated, and confident children, and that communities depend on their livelihoods.
We believe in people.
We strive to live out our core values of collaboration, love, excellence, and respect every day. We provide our volunteers with a meaningful volunteer package, and the opportunities to learn, grow, and leave a longstanding legacy. We especially encourage all persons of diverse backgrounds to apply.
COVID update and work from home update:
CMMB has developed guidelines to inform the different aspects of preparedness and preventive measures we need to put in place for the reopening of our NYC Headquarters. These guidelines were developed based on the Employee Wellness Survey responses, the COVID-19 Task Force and external survey through the Humentum network. CMMB is still working from home to protect the health of its employees. Internships will be remote until further notice. In the meantime, we are interviewing for remote service to support the COVID response with urgently needed skills.
CMMB is seeking a Monitor and Evaluation Intern to work hand-in-hand with M&E Manager to contribute to the continual refinement and improvement of CMMB’s M&E system. This is great opportunity for an intern to learn the essentials of monitoring and evaluation systems within international nonprofits, while developing data collection, aggregation, analysis, visualization, and reporting skills.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with M&E senior staff to develop M&E plans, implement baseline assessments and create logframes for proposal development
- Conducts data analysis as needed for project reports
- Conducts research and develops learning documents on CMMB project implementation
- Supports M&E Manager in development and implementation of M&E systems and policies
- Assists in creation and revision of data collection tools
- Participate in data management, such as data cleaning, creation of databases, etc
- Support in the development of data visualizations for program management and communications materials, such as graphs, charts, and maps
- Supports in review of project reports and supports teams to track program progress toward CMMB global indicators
- Writes blog pieces on data trends and health outcomes to contribute to ongoing data demand and use at CMMB
- Supports the Volunteer Program in capturing key activities of clinical and non-clinical volunteers in the field and at HQ
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree/ currently pursuing a Master’s degree
- Experience in or desire to learn M & E processes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and professionally while navigating cultural and language barriers
- Ability to be flexible and prioritize projects and tasks effectively
- Self-starter; independent, takes initiative to solve problems
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service expertise
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and other Microsoft Office tools
- Knowledge of data analysis (SPSS, STATA, etc.) and data visualization tools (TABLEAU, ARCGIS etc) preferred
- Statistical knowledge preferred
- Familiarity and interest in global health issues, especially maternal and child health preferred
- Commitment to CMMB’s mission, vision and values
Check with your internship coordinator BEFORE accepting to determine how you might do this internship for credit.
-Seasonal, and they work around the typical academic calendar. Internships typically last around three months, and the timeline is as follows:
- Spring: mid-January through April
- Summer: June through September
- Fall: September through December
-Term: Minimum 3 months
- College/university credit available
- Part-time, Flexible schedules
- Office hours: Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm EST
Contact & Application:
Apply online at: https://cmmb.org/get-involved/volunteer/