COVID update and work from home update:
CMMB has developed guidelines to inform the different aspects of preparedness and preventive measures we need to put in place for the reopening of our NYC Headquarters. These guidelines were developed based on the Employee Wellness Survey responses, the COVID-19 Task Force and external survey through the Humentum network. CMMB is still working from home to protect the health of its employees. Internships will be remote until further notice. In the meantime, we are interviewing for remote service to support the COVID response with urgently needed skills.
The Human Resources department is responsible for building and leading the people functions of CMMB, including that of employees, volunteers, and interns, as well as strategies, policies, practices and systems that result in a high performing, engaged, and resilient workforce and culture that retains close alignment to CMMB’s global strategy. Our Volunteer Program Team, under the direction of the SVP for Human Resources, is dedicated to volunteers and ensuring successful and collaborative volunteer experiences for all stakeholders. Our team engages with industry best practices for volunteers and aims to connect all volunteers to the global volunteerism movement.
Are you ready to gain professional experience in program/project management while contributing to health and bringing hope for communities worldwide?
Join our Volunteer Program Team as a fall intern to be part of an exciting project and bring momentum to this upcoming movement.
The Volunteer Program Interns will work side by side with the Volunteer Program Team to identify talent, align volunteer supply and demand needs, and help with the implementation of a full cycle volunteer program in line with the volunteer program strategy. The volunteer in this position will have a critical support role, engaging in project-based work to help establish needs, build capability, improve pre-departure preparations, implement onboarding process, and contribute to the creation of alumni network.
Responsibilities could include:
Outreach & Recruitment
- Conducting screening for candidates by processing volunteer applications and inquiries
- Sourcing, planning and updating job descriptions and online postings
- Liaise with prospective and current volunteers for screening, placement and support
- Contribute to the volunteer alumni strategy and program development
Communication & Reporting
- Assist with reviewing and updating training and outreach materials
- Help with ongoing volunteer communication and engagement
- Support evaluation and measurement of volunteer satisfaction
- Assist with volunteer data collection, entry and cleanup and transition to new CRM system
- Update reporting system on demand fulfillment and recruitment goals
Admin & logistics support
- Assist on the coordination of training and networking events
- Support the coordination of mission trips
- Support with the coordination of visas, expenses and travel bookings
- Assist with organization of electronic records
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or current university student
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively across departments
- Excellent time management skills
- Attention to detail
- Former volunteer experience preferred
- Project Management, Program development and/or HR related experience preferred
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and other Microsoft Office tools
Internship cohorts are seasonal, and they work around the typical academic calendar. Internships typically last around three months, and the timeline is as follows:
· Spring: mid-January through April
· Summer: June through September
· Fall: September through December