As an Investment Analyst, you’ll support growing the Company’s investment management platform across a variety of strategies and geographic regions by performing transaction underwriting, preparing deal related memos, interfacing with brokers, equity & debt partners, and the Company’s investment leadership. This is a critical position in a firm seeking to deploy substantial capital that will permit the candidate to add immediate value and create positive impact across the firm and that will also allow for a considerable long-term advancement opportunity for excellent candidates.
Where You’ll Work:
Located in downtown Columbus, Ohio, our corporate offices overlook the Columbus Commons which plays hosts to over 200 events throughout the year. Enjoy the building’s fitness center and rooftop terrace with adjoining clubroom, and walk to some of the city’s best restaurants and downtown amenities.
- Perform detailed property level financial models and/ or underwriting
- Analyzes market comps, location and demographics of properties to evaluate underwriting assumptions
- Generates cash flow models for new investment opportunities and performance metrics (IRRs, multiple on equity, cash-on-cash, etc.)
- Assist in sourcing consistent volume of prospective assets via various established channels, while establishing additional connections to grow deal pipeline
- Point person for the management and scheduling of third-party consultants involved in due diligence
- Maintain weekly deal pipeline reports
- Prepare detailed investment and due diligence memos, including the presentation to the Investment and Operations teams
- Oversee comprehensive property level due diligence
- Draft Letters of Intent for new prospective acquisitions
Who You Are:
- A masterful executor. You get things done. You fervently plan to meet deadlines and achieve goals. You manage tasks in a fast-paced environment with many moving pieces and stakeholders and ensure goals reach or surpass the finish line. You shift priorities and objectives as the business needs change. You possess internal motivation and drive with a track record of delivering results.
- A detail-oriented individual. You pay attention to the small things that make a big difference. You look at information with a discerning eye to ensure its accuracy. You understand the importance of editing and proofreading your work to ensure it’s done right.
- An analytical problem solver. You visualize, articulate, conceptualize or solve both complex and uncomplicated problems by making decisions that are sensible given the available information. You keep it cool when things get overwhelming and approach problems with viable solutions.
- A team player. You enjoy collaborating with team members to drive the best possible outcome in an efficient manner.
- Bachelor’s degree from a top University in real estate, finance, mathematics, or business
- 1 to 2 years of real estate transaction-oriented experience with a financial institution, investment management firm, investment bank, or private real estate firm (will also consider graduates with a real estate or similar degree with no experience)
- Proven detailed knowledge of real estate underwriting and financial analysis in one or more investment real estate asset classes. This is a fast-paced and team-oriented environment, where priorities will change often, and deadlines are often under significant time pressure. Maturity, a self-starter attitude, project and time management discipline and strong communication as well as critical thinking skills are required to be successful in this position
- Strong grasp of financial principles and concepts critical to multifamily real estate underwriting (NOI, cap rates, IRR, NPV, ROI, ROC, Yields, etc.)
- Flexible work schedule to accommodate time sensitive deadlines
- Mastery of document preparation (Word & PPT) and spreadsheet modeling (Excel)
- Demonstrated ability to complete financial analyses that allows for complex ownership and financing structures
- Ability to analyze qualitative and quantitative information to drive informed strategic decision making and underwriting
- Strong organizational, time-management, and project management skills in order to effectively track, report, and manage multiple projects and priorities where meeting deadlines is critical.