Coastal Ridge Real Estate is an entrepreneurial-spirited multifamily real estate investment firm with offices located in Columbus, Ohio and Santa Monica, California and apartment communities throughout the United States. Founded in 2013, our growing team of over 450 associates specialize in the acquisition, development, asset management, and property management of multifamily real estate. To date, Coastal Ridge’s portfolio includes more than $1.8+ billion in assets in the student housing, conventional housing, and active adult multifamily sectors. Our track record has demonstrated the firm’s ability to achieve our investor’s goals. We implement a consistent strategy anchored by steadfast investment rationale and a progressive and systematic operating platform. Coastal Ridge was honored in 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018 as one of the Inc. 5000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies in the U.S. and was also among Columbus Business First’s 50 fastest growing companies in Central Ohio for the past three years.
What You’ll Do:
The Investment Analyst Intern role will provide an opportunity to support in growing the Company’s multifamily investment management platform across a variety of strategies and geographic regions. This role will aid in performing market research, sourcing and maintaining information for the investment pipeline across target markets, underwriting prospective acquisitions, assisting during the due diligence and closing process, and providing ad-hoc support for special projects as needed.
- Assist in underwriting potential investment opportunities by researching property, market, demographic, and other relevant information within target markets
- Source, maintain, and summarize market research within internal databases
- Maintain and update acquisition pipeline and other reports for internal meetings
- Perform detailed property level financial models and/ or underwriting
- Draft Letters of Intent for new prospective acquisitions
- Prepare detailed investment and due diligence memo
Who You Are:
- An analytical problem solver. You visualize, articulate, conceptualize and solve complex problems by making decisions that are sensible given the available information. You keep it cool when things get crazy and approach problems with viable solutions.
- A supportive team player. You work effectively with others and go above and beyond to support the needs of your fellow coworkers. You are reliable and flexible and communicate effectively by communicating issues and challenges, listening, compromising, and seeking feedback.
- A detail-oriented individual. You pay attention to the small things that make a big difference. You look at information with a discerning eye to ensure its accuracy. You understand the importance of editing and proofreading your work to ensure it’s done right.
- Passion for or demonstrated interest in multi-family real estate
- 1-2 years of real estate or finance (equivalent) internship experience
- Coursework in Business, Finance, Economics, and/or Real Estate
- Mastery of document preparation (Word & PPT) and spreadsheet modeling (Excel)
- Ability to work under pressure and in a time-sensitive environment
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to analyze qualitative and quantitative information to drive informed strategic decision making and underwriting
What We Offer:
- As a Investment Analyst Intern, you’ll receive a competitive hourly wage. This is a part-time position.