The Coatesville VA Medical Center is seeking Certified Psychiatric or Mental Health Nurse Practitioners
The Certified Psychiatric or Mental Health Nurse Practitioner functions as part of a multidisciplinary team of mental health professionals in providing a wide range of services to patients with mental health and/or substance abuse problems in the setting of an outpatient mental health clinic. The incumbent will provide general advanced practice nursing care as well as specialized mental health functions. The work schedule is typically Mon-Fri, 8:00am-4:30pm, to include flexibility for weekend coverage
Responsibilities will include:
- Process and solve complex patient care problems on the assigned unit, inpatient unit, and walk-in clinic;
- assess for psychiatric admission.
- Perform comprehensive psychiatric and nursing assessments.
- Manage program resources (financial, human, material, or informational) to facilitate safe, effective and efficient care.
- Provides initial and ongoing assessment of patients to identify mental health needs, issues, care goals, and appropriate resources necessary for care management.
- Provides leadership in application of the psychiatric nursing process and identifies resources and other critical factors for achieving desired outcomes for mental health maintenance improvement.
Competitive Benefits Package:
- Annual Vacation and Sick Leave
- Educational Benefits
- Insurance Options
- Federal Retirement Savings Plan/ with matching contribution
Read more about the Nurse Practitioner – Mental Health job opportunity at https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/498293000
Please forward resumes to VHACOANURSINGCAREERS@VA.GOV or call me with questions, 610-384-7711, x4431.