Cohere Health is illuminating healthcare for patients, their doctors, and all those who are important in a patient’s healthcare experience, both in and out of the doctors office. Founded in August, 2019, we are obsessed with eliminating wasteful friction patients and doctors experience in areas that have nothing to do with health and treatment, particularly for diagnoses that require expensive procedures or medications.
To that end, we build software that is expressly designed to ensure the appropriate plan of care is understood and expeditiously approved, so that patients and doctors can focus on health, rather than payment or administrative hassles.
This is a unique opportunity to join a new engineering team with great ambition and zero technical debt. You will have an outsized influence on the future direction and technology decisions.
What you will do:
- Work on fast-paced, autonomous, agile teams to build and enhance a growing software platform
- Provide technical leadership throughout the technical design and sprint process
- Own end to end feature releases and platform enhancements
- Actively participate in the technical design process, bringing your expertise and analysis to help make data-driven decisions
- Contribute heavily to feature design, development, testing, and delivery of our cloud platform and web applications
- Contribute across all parts of our platform from the database to the frontend
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies or services to maximize development efficiency
- Contribute to developing a culture of testing, quality, and attention to detail by supporting industry leading practices such as writing and maintaining comprehensive test coverage
- Actively participate in ensuring Cohere maintains a disciplined approach to healthcare security
- Mentor junior engineers on your team
What we are looking for:
- You have experience working on software development teams, building and deploying full stack web applications
- You are passionate about building quality products and want to own product development end-to-end leading with the right design and development principles
- You have experience with common software development practices such as version control, unit testing, and CI/CD
- You are a team player and are interested in working at a fast-paced startup environment
- You understand that the job is based in Boston and would require you to be in-person often
Our application stack:
- Java Spring/Springboot
Your background & education:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in software development lifecycle, required
- Prior experience in healthcare and life sciences is a plus, but is not required
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Cohere Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all. To us, it’s personal.
We can’t wait to learn more about you and meet you at Cohere Health!