Complete applications should include a cover letter, resume, and three references, and should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Line: “General Manager – [Insert Name].” Applications are now being accepted and the search remains open until the position is filled.
coLAB Arts (www.colab-arts.org), engaging artists, social advocates, and communities to create transformative new work, is seeking out a General Manager for a rapidly growing arts organization in New Brunswick, NJ, located in the traditional territory of the Leni-Lenape called “Lenapehoking.” coLAB Arts produces high quality work across creative disciplines and in response to local social issues, advocacy organizations, and communities of the greater New Brunswick area.
coLAB Arts’ vision is to create more livable, sustainable, and exciting environments through art.
If you’d like to see how coLAB Arts has been producing through the pandemic, please check out some of our recent virtual programming:
The General Manager will provide administrative support to all ongoing projects and general administrative support to organization operations. The General Manager will coordinate a large team of volunteers and administrative interns and reports to the Producing Director. General Manager will work on-site for administrative and production projects. This job is best suited for someone who is enthusiastic about people and fearless about connecting with them, and understands how to engage a diverse group of individuals. The successful candidate is driven to support artists and organizers and help them thrive in creating high quality work and real community impact.
Note on COVID-19: coLAB Arts, where able, has been operating remotely through the COVID-19 pandemic with office use only as needed. The organization exercises social distancing operation and programming in accordance with State of New Jersey guidelines.
Position Responsibilities Include:
- Contract generation and management
- Payroll management
- Quickbooks management, includes budgeting, purchase orders and organization purchasing, accounts payable and receivable, receipt tracking
- Insurance, tax filing, and all general organization management
- CRM management, includes donor software management, correspondence, and Patreon management
- Grantwriting – calendar and submission management, support writing and reporting
- Office management and filing
- Administrative and production calendar including programming and meeting schedule, and senior staff scheduling
- Organization correspondence between staff, board, collaborators, and community partners
- Administrative and Production Meeting notes tracking and synthesis
- Board of Directors correspondence and materials management
- Website maintenance
- Office and studio space reservation management
- Personal computer
- Personal vehicle and valid driver’s license
- Occasional early morning and/or evening/weekend work hours
- Candidates should be able to lift at least 25 lbs
- B.A. degree or equivalent, with at least 5 years of professional organizing or nonprofit administrative experience
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong computer skills
- Strong experience with G-Suite, Google Drive, Quickbooks, Microsoft Office, Mailchimp, and Patreon
- Detail-oriented with organization, project management, and time management skills
- Ability to perform a substantial number of tasks independently
- Ability to work cooperatively, foster team spirit, and maintain a positive demeanor
- Experience working with complex organizations
- Ability to solve problems and negotiate solutions with a wide variety of contractors and other project stakeholders
- Ability to read and draft contracts
- Ability to manage and supervise people in a clear and professional manner and relay expectations concisely
- Commitment to the vision and values of coLAB Arts
Compensation: $2,000/month, 20 hours per week
coLAB Arts does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, disability, national origin, religion, creed, age, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or authorized alien status, or veteran status.
Please use the following links for further information about our organization:
Complete applications should include a cover letter, resume, and three references, and should be emailed to email@example.com with the Subject Line: “General Manager – [Insert Name].” Applications are now being accepted and the search remains open until the position is filled. coLAB Arts is a nonprofit, 501(c)(3) organization. You can visit our website, www.colab-arts.org, and on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter @colabarts.