Compass Group is seeking outstanding candidates to work directly with the private equity team as a Summer Analyst. The position is intended for first-year graduate business students or rising seniors, and is designed to last approximately 12 weeks. As a Summer Analyst you will gain exposure to three key aspects of our business: investment thesis development, investment opportunity evaluation/deal execution, and portfolio company operations/integration. You will support a range of projects and develop skills through hands-on experience and direct exposure to management teams and key company stakeholders as well as interface with brokers and investment bankers.
Investment Thesis Development
Understand current and potential markets; provide in-depth market, industry, and competitive analysis; and uncover growth opportunities and suitable acquisition targets
Investment Opportunity Evaluation / Deal Execution
Assume critical role in ongoing M&A efforts: criteria refinement, opportunity sourcing, screening, financial modeling and analysis, diligence, and execution
Portfolio Company Operations / Integration
Conduct financial and strategic analysis for various portfolio businesses and target acquisitions to support CGEP management team decisions and overall strategic direction
Summer Analysts will be expected to take on additional responsibilities as requested and assigned.
- Consistent track record of high achievement, both professionally and academically
- Experience in private equity, investment banking, and/or management consulting preferred
- Strong proficiency and comfort with three-statement financial modeling and analysis
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills with polished Excel and PowerPoint abilities
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Entrepreneurial-minded and results-oriented individual with ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Applications due by August 31st, 2021