Are you looking to encourage growth and promote positive, healthy lives? CONCERN is a non-profit human services organization dedicated to providing child welfare, juvenile justice, and behavioral health services to children and their families. Since 1978, CONCERN has brought hope, offered opportunity, and inspired change in the communities that we serve.
We are searching for a full-time Mental Health Worker to join us in making a difference. In addition to serving as a Mental Health Worker, you will also be trained to support Case Management and Crisis response services for phone and walk-ins during busy business hours.
You will be responsible for providing evidence-based, trauma informed psychotherapy for individuals, couples, families, and groups in an office setting.
Typical workdays are Monday – Friday in an office setting. You should be comfortable with providing therapy via telehealth if needed.
What Do I Need?
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in social work, Psychology, Nursing, or other Clinical Discipline (Required)
2 Years of related clinical experience (Preferred)
- Maintains required state and federal criminal and child abuse clearances, credentials and/or licenses.
- Driver’s license and reliable transportation are required.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Compassionate and empathetic with a strong ability to establish and build trust.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Professional clinical expertise in crisis intervention, working with the child and adolescent population, families, and caregivers
- Ability to remain calm and reassuring in tense situations and to de-escalate clients in distress.Thorough understanding of human behavior, various behavioral and affective disorders, and the diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of these disorders.
- Organizational skills required to manage complex, deadline-driven paperwork.
- Ability to work as part of a team and to represent the agency in the community.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Motivated to achieve a standard of excellence with our work processes and outcomes, honoring Agency policies, values, and principles.
- Maintain confidentiality of all sensitive information.
What Will I Do?
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides evidence-based, trauma informed psychotherapy for individuals, couples, families, and groups.
- Develops and maintains accurate records regarding case progress, evaluations, and any further treatment recommendations.
- Collaborates with the client, family, and other treatment team members to develop individualized treatment plans that positively manage and respond to the identified needs.
- Creates safety, crisis, and discharge plans in collaboration with the treatment team.
- Gathers and analyzes information through a variety of methods that may include observation, interviews, self-report inventories, group discussions, and/or formal assessments.
- Coordinates and facilitates interdisciplinary team meetings as needed.
- Collaborates and participates in other team meetings as requested.
- Maintains a positive, professional relationship with all linkage and referral agencies.
- May provide coverage for walk-in and telephone Crisis calls and counseling.
- Serve as a Case Manager as needed.
Hours of Work
What Will I Get?
Medical (3 plans to choose from) – Eligible the first of the month following 60 days
Dental – Eligible the first of the month following 60 days
Vision (Agency Paid) – Eligible the first of the month following 60 days
Flexible Spending Account
Generous PTO (Increases with Service Milestones)
401k w/ Agency match
10 Paid Holidays (Including your Birthday)
Employee Assistance Program (Resources for you and your family)
Short-Term Disability (Agency Paid)
Long-Term Disability (Agency Paid)
Life & AD&D Insurance (Agency Paid)
What Happens Next?
After you apply, a member of the hiring team will review your qualifications and experience. If determined you are a good match, we will be in touch to schedule an interview.