Conservation International (CI) has been protecting nature for the benefit of all for over 30 years. Through science, policy, and partnerships, CI is helping build a healthier, more prosperous and more productive planet.
The International Policy Coordinator will provide direct administrative and research support for the Climate Policy team. The Coordinator will provide administrative support, such as scheduling and logistical needs and knowledge management for CI’s climate policy work, including for the Forest Finance Investment Incubator (FFII) project. This will also include CI’s participation in priority international climate policy events and conduct policy research projects to support CI’s climate policy objectives and institutional strategies. The Coordinator will also provide administrative support for Division-wide needs.
This position will require developing a broad and comprehensive knowledge of CI’s policies, standard operating procedures, and values. Must have the ability to make independent judgments related to administrative matters and have the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management both inside and outside of CI. The position requires administrative and organizational skills, ability to multi-task, good relationship-building skills, and an ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with the highest degree of professionalism. The coordinator will have direct interactions with other CI Senior Staff and will need to be able to professionally represent Division at all times to internal and external audiences.
- Schedule and organize Division-wide meetings, events, and retreats
- Work with IT (e.g., tickets) & Procurement requests and management
- Manage Human Resources forms (e.g., change in status) and processes (e.g., performance)
- Division-wide knowledge management (e.g., IP Team SharePoint Site)
- Office space management
- Represent division on Operations Support Team.
Provide administrative and research/writing support to CI’s Climate Policy team:
- Administrative: Serve as CI’s administrative UN Focal Point, handle hotel arrangements, travel scheduling, visa support for CI delegation to international events, support meeting schedules, meeting notes and knowledge management.
- Logistical: Create logistics guide, schedule of CI events for public and internal use, support side event and booth organization (creating invitations, planning catering, etc.) for international events.
- Research: Help research, proof, and assemble other materials (presentations, briefing books, communication materials) for policy engagements as well as more in-depth research on key topics such as Nationally Determined Contributions and carbon markets.
Provide administrative and research/writing support to CI’s Forest Finance Investment Incubator project:
- Meeting scheduling and note-taking
- Workplan management support
- Knowledge management
- Communications support
- Research and editing as needed
- Based in Arlington, Virginia with frequent virtual work with remote team members and other parts of CI.
- Normal working hours with occasional off-hours work to accommodate colleagues in other time zones.
- Occasional Domestic and International travel may be required.
- 2-4 years of general work experience with a minimum of 2 years of experience with international environmental policy
- Good organization and prioritization skills, attention to detail
- Resourcefulness and ability to work proactively and independently
- Ability to coordinate and work effectively as a member of a team. Ability to support group meetings in person and remotely.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate with individuals from a variety of disciplines, cultures, and backgrounds. Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Flexibility and willingness to work in situations of flux; ability to work in a fast turn-around environment
- Strong work ethic and willingness to take ownership of wide-ranging responsibilities
- Superior professionalism and discretion
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of related work experience
- Fluency in written and spoken Spanish