The Countywide Youth Bridges Program (CYBP) provides at-risk and disconnected youth with career exposure opportunities within the County of Los Angeles, and provides them with resources such as supportive services and personal enrichment training that will help prepare them for future success. More importantly, the CYBP will ultimately introduce youth to various career pathways within the public sector. CYBP provides meaningful career exposure within the County by offering a three-step program.
Step 1 Youth@Work Internship Benefits
- Receive up to 120 hours of paid work experience at the rate of $13.25/hour
- Opportunity to work in a diverse County department
- Potential long-term employment options
Step 2 Youth Worker Training Benefits
Youth who participate in the training program will receive the following benefits:
- Competitive salary during the internship
- Medical and dental benefits
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Technical job training and guidance on workplace behavior, competencies, individual responsibilities, and development of occupational skill sets.
Upon successful completion of their training, Youth Worker will be eligible to compete for permanent County positions.