Crane Payment Innovations is the leader in world class automated payment solutions. We partner with businesses to provide payment experiences that set new and innovative standards for consumer convenience, security and reliability. We are excited to explore new ways every day to improve how millions of people across the globe can make their payments in a way that fits with their lives. Our global engineers develop products and deliver innovative solutions in currency validation technologies, cash management systems, digital payment technologies, mobile applications, security and digital advertising. We offer a range of devices for bill and coin validation, cash recycling and dispensing systems, IoT applications for our enterprise-level connected products and services, and software applications to integrate sensory hardware to machines and networks.
At CPI you will become a valuable part of an inclusive culture of collaboration and innovation with the support of over 2,000 associates working in one of our 15 offices across the world. If you want to have a hands-on global impact on payment solutions, we want you to join our team as a Software Engineer Intern. This is a full time position based in our office in Malvern, just outside of Philadelphia, PA.
The Software Engineer Intern – Enterprise will design and develop application software for our next generation enterprise cloud platform, to support all aspects on the business including but not limited to payment systems and solutions. This individual will meet with internal customers to understand their needs and provide support to resolve any issues that may arise with our products or services.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Designing, testing and maintaining code in Visual C#, Python and Java
· Writing web based applications using Angular, Typescript, .NET, Spring (Java), and Node.js
· Designing and implementing cloud-based applications and services (AWS)
· Providing support and development for build systems and operations infrastructure
· Utilizing version control systems (Git) to manage complex product lifecycles
· Creating, progressing and closing issues using Jira issue tracking system
· Providing support and development for automation test scripts
Qualifications and Required Skills
· Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical or Software Engineering
· Good knowledge of object oriented programming
· Experience writing software in Visual C# or Angular or Java.
· Some experience working with AWS, GCP and/or Azure; familiarity with cloud basics
· Passionate about cloud technologies.
· Comfortable with relational databases
· Experience writing APIs is a plus
· Networking and Security knowledge is a plus
· Prepare design specifications and verification documents
· Ability to work under minimal direction and take initiative when needed
· Meet development schedule goals
· Excellent oral and written communication
Key Attributes for Success
- High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities
- Excellent influencing skills, analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive and able to recognize and support the organization’s preferences and priorities
- Results and people oriented with sound judgment—ability to balance other business considerations
- Team player – able to work in a matrix organization
- Excellent communication skills verbally and in writing
- Competitive salaries
- On-site gym
- Community involvement
- Networking events with key industry leaders
- Interactive field trips
- Team building activities with fellow interns
Be a part of Crane Payment Innovations and Crane Co.
CPI is a part of Crane Co., a diversified manufacturer of highly engineered industrial products. Founded in 1855, Crane Co provides products and solutions to customers in four business segments: Aerospace & Electronics, Fluid Handling, Engineered Materials, and Payment & Merchandising Systems. Crane has approximately 12,000 employees in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Crane Co. is traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE:CR).
Crane Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.