Crestron Electronics continues to experience rapid growth as we invest in resources and create new opportunities; as a result, we have an exciting opportunity for a Summer 2021 Solutions Engineering Intern (May 26th, 2021 – August, 13th, 2021) to join our Sales Support Services Department in our Rockleigh NJ office.
- Developing Crestron systems designs and solutions with the ability to interpret and comprehend project specifications, drawings and/or functional requirements (SOW’s)
- Assist Dealers, Consultants, Partners, and Crestron Sales Teams with the development of Crestron technical system solutions via phone, email and online chat within a corporate environment
- Support teammates with CAD and other technical documentation tasks.
- Learn new systems and procedures quickly and be able to apply them to daily work routine
- Manage individual time to ensure assigned tasks are completed accurately and on-time
- Must be enrolled in a college or university working toward a Bachelor’s Degree in Systems Engineering, Applications Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electronics Engineering or another closely related field.
- Must be available to work up to 40 hours per week during the entire internship period beginning May 26th, 2021 and ending August 13th, 2021.
- Must be commutable to and from the Rockleigh, NJ area for the duration of the internship period.
- Basic understanding of designing networked AV systems, industrial controls, and/or other experience with automation/integration of low voltage systems.
- Proficiency with Streaming AV solutions design
- Familiarity with AutoCAD, Visio, Excel/Word, and Power Point. to develop documentation and project submittals
- Network+, CCENT or CCNA certifications a plus
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, creative, have a solid work ethic and have a desire to produce a quality product
- Strong communication skills (verbal, non-verbal, written, and listening) with the ability to articulate work at different levels of the organization
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Inquisitive individual with a desire to learn, possessing a long term desire to work in the Audio & Video system design space
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle numerous assignments simultaneously
- Positive, personable, and able to work cohesively with other across various divisions