Position Summary :
Start date: 5/24/2021
End date: 8/13/2021 (12-week program)
CVS Health is the nation’s premier health innovation company helping people on their path to better health. We are building a new health care model that is easier to use, less expensive, and puts the consumer at the center of their care.
Our Corporate Internship Program is a nationally recognized experience; it is also a great way to gain confidence, sharpen your skills, and make a difference.
You will gain valuable work experience and participate in:
• Projects that contribute to the success of our business
• Community service initiatives
• Mentorship and networking opportunities
• Interaction with senior leaders
And our corporate interns have an increased likelihood to receive an offer for a future role with CVS Health.
What this business area supports:
• Assignments are available across a variety of business units including Commercial Business, Government Businesses & Medical Economics.
• Limited non-traditional Actuarial assignments exist as available.
What you will do:
• Financial planning, forecasting and reserving
• Monitoring and forecasting medical cost trends
• Regulatory filings
• New product development and pricing
Required Qualifications :
• Have taken at least one actuarial exam by 12/31/2020
• Strong analytical, critical thinking, problem solving and communication skills
• Demonstrated leadership, experience and initiative
• Have a willingness to relocate if required to one of our Actuarial offices located in Hartford, CT, Blue Bell, PA, Falls Church, VA, Atlanta, GA, Overland Park, KS, Chicago, IL or Concord, CA
Preferred Qualifications :
• Be able to work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines
• Possess strong analytical and problem resolution skills
• Be able to communicate effectively with a diverse audience
• Encourage teamwork and a positive environment to improve team effectiveness
• Be resourceful and can quickly and successfully adapt to change
• Have an interest in obtaining full-time position within CVS Health
• Have passed at least one actuarial exam
• Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree
• Majoring in the following related degrees; Actuarial Science, Analytics, Data Science, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics, Risk Management, statistics, or other related degree
• Have a 3.0+ cumulative GPA
• Have an anticipated college graduation date between September 2021 and August 2024