Position Summary :
General Management Internship (Undergrad)
Start date: June 7th, 2021
End Date: August 13th, 2021
Aetna, a CVS Health company is the nation’s premier health innovation company helping people on their path to better health. We are building a new health care model that is easier to use, less expensive, and puts the consumer at the center of their care.
Our Corporate Internship Program is a nationally recognized experience; it is also a great way to gain confidence, sharpen your skills, and make a difference.
You will gain valuable work experience and participate in:
• Projects that contribute to the success of our business
• Community service initiatives
• Mentorship and networking opportunities
• Interaction with senior leaders
And our corporate interns have an increased likelihood to receive an offer for a future role with CVS Health.
The program doesn’t just help you develop general management skills; it accelerates your development. You’ll get well-rounded experience and exposure to key business lines while honing your leadership skills.
What this business area support
Our positions will immerse you in a key business area — what we call the “growth engines” of CVS Health and Aetna. These areas fuel our efforts to create a simpler, more affordable, and higher-quality health care system for employers, doctors, and consumers. The location of each rotation will vary, so relocation for the summer may be required. If you relocate for the summer, summer housing coordination and stipend may be provided to those that qualify.
What you will do
You will have the opportunity to contribute to the success of our team while working on projects that will utilize your project management, business consultation and healthcare analytics skills
Required Qualifications :
You should have:
• Effective written and verbal communication, throughout all levels of the organization.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines.
• Strong analytical and problem resolution skills.
• Encourages teamwork and a positive environment to improve team effectiveness.
• Demonstrates a commitment to integrity, the Aetna code of conduct and respect for diversity.
Preferred Qualifications :
• Have a willingness to relocate
• Be able to work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines
• Possess strong analytical and problem resolution skills
• Be able to communicate effectively with a diverse audience
• Encourage teamwork and a positive environment to improve team effectiveness
• Be resourceful and can quickly and successfully adapt to change
• Have an interest in obtaining full-time position within CVS Health
• You should currently be pursuing a Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Business or Management but will consider other related majors)
• Have a 3.0+ cumulative GPA
• Have an anticipated graduation date between September 2021 – August 2022
Business Overview :
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.