Dasher Lawless is a California and Ohio based design/build development company. We are a leader in commercial, mixed-use, and residential development, as well as the industry leader in the design, manufacture and installation of cutting-edge Auto Parkit™ fully automated parking technology.
We are seeking Junior and Intermediate Architectural Designers-BIM Specialist with experience in the production of architectural drawings and specifications. Individual must be self-directed and able to function in a lean, agile team environment. The candidate will be responsible for preparing, concept, design development and construction documents for automated parking systems and in-house development projects.
• Min. 1-3 years of experience preparing architectural drawings for commercial projects utilizing Revit (preferred) and/or AutoCAD.
• Possessing or working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or related field from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience.
• Organized individual with strong time management, and oral and written communication skills
• Highly motivated with a desire to grow skills and responsibilities in a growing, very fast-moving organization.
• Detail oriented, but a system thinker.
• Ability to independently solve complex architectural drawing coordination issues.
• Proficiency with the following software applications:
- Revit (preferred)
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Adobe Systems
- Bluebeam Revu
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Prepare concept, design development, and construction documents under the supervision of a project manager, architect, or job captain for development and construction applications, showing internal and external layouts of new and proposed automated parking systems (NCARB IDP supervision and credit is available)
• Analyze designers’ concepts, and prepare preliminary and detailed drawings, produce designs, detailed drawings and documentation using BIM technology.
• Participate in the evaluation of potential design solutions for feasibility, constructability, and cost.
• Coordinate, modify and maintain drawing files and modifications.
• Attend in-house and job-site meetings as directed.
• Prepare drawings showing system layouts, elevations, sections, three-dimensional images, materials and finishes, and construction details.
• Prepare system specifications for building documentation to suit individual clients and tendering purposes.
• Represent or assist designers on building sites to ensure plans and specifications are followed.
• Coordinate with relevant public sector organizations and specialist consultants.
• Examine relevant regulations, codes, standards etc. while undertaking project documentation.
NCARB AXP supervision and credit is available.