David Zwirner Books (DZB) is seeking a highly motivated Editorial Intern for our Internship Program.
Qualified candidates should be highly personable, focused, and hardworking, with strong research skills, excellent attention to detail, and knowledge of contemporary art or art history. Candidates will have the opportunity to gain experience in all facets of the bookmaking process, with a particular focus on editorial development.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Creating and organizing detailed checklists for catalogues
- Fact-checking texts, captions, and other materials
- Conducting photo research and photo requests
- Tracking of image/artwork collection credit lines and photo credits
- Organizing photo materials for release to printer
- Updating editorial/production schedules in project management software
- Occasional printing and trimming of materials for book presentations
- Occasionally assisting with day-to-day DZB departmental activities and with marketing/distribution tasks
Summer internship runs from the end of May through beginning of August. Position hours are 10am – 6pm and the candidate will need to be available at least 3 days a week. All interns are paid New York State minimum wage. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. Absolutely no calls or walk-ins please.
David Zwirner is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Gallery is firmly committed to equal employment opportunities in all facets of its operations. The Gallery makes decisions concerning hiring and terms and conditions of employment without regard to any characteristic protected by applicable law.