As a ‘Digital Media Management Intern’, you hold one of the most important positions at the label. Media is the nucleus within all departments to build credibility and fan loyalty. You will be assisting our Media Director, Ainara, to ensure the optimal use of Deep Root’s (and its artists) social media handles as well as improving our existing practices (in terms of content management and creation) to increase our visibility and customer loyalty. You will also assist to ensure that the label’s vision for all media-related items (video, artwork, presentations, sponsorship decks, ads, mailer templates, song covers, campaigns etc) is met and maintained. Your duties will consist of media curation, execution, creation, promotion and research. Below I have broken down some of the main tasks we envision you handling in an itemized format.
Note, we understand you may not be proficient in all these areas. We will be available to provide you ample training, video chatting through zoom to properly guide you, and stay in constant communication with any assistance, questions, and/or suggestions you may need. You will be authorized to use our database of freelancers to complete certain projects (and you are encouraged to suggest additional freelancers) and overtime we believe you will learn to become proficient in everything media related.
A. Media Curation (each label divisions and sub labels)
- Assisting the creation of all artwork (song covers, flyers, pamphlets, etc)
- Providing guidelines and ideas for Ainara / Freelancers to efficiently develop, maintain, and promote the brand via creative marketing efforts
- Assisting all videos (teasers and animations) for Live Streams & Music
- Suggesting content and references for DRR Artists, Live Series, and DRR Clients
- Analyzing web & general media traffic for SEO Maximization for DRR websites and socials
- Identifying and tracking relevant media and community metrics to improve media execution
- Coordinating with the media team to ensure brand consistency and liaise with the music and live series to stay updated and to support all releases, shows, and initiatives
- Staying up-to-date with digital technology trends to improve all activities over time
- Consistently taking notes and data via Google Docs & Google Sheets.
B. Media Execution & Management
- Releasing content on DRR and on its Artists Social Media Handles (IG, FB, Twitter)
- Overseeing the implementation of tactics for live streams such as updating dates of shows, ensuring comments for our fundraisers are pinned, sharing the live streams in United By Music Event Page and on all platforms.
- Creating and sending mailers.
- Engaging with fans with timely replies to comments, DMs, and story mentions
- Using the Engage groups for all IG accounts
- Creating and sending engaging DMs to build and boost the DRR community and brand
- Building relationships with customers, potential customers, and industry professionals
- Running ads (back and front ent) for the event planning and music exploitation departments
- Ordering, and overseeing the stocking and distribution of Deep Root merchandise
- Running raffles and competition on DRR socials for events, music releases and shows
- Implementing social media and communication strategies that align with the label’s marketing goals for the event planning, booking and music exploitation departments
C. Media Creation
- Maintaining and updating DRR’s website in addition to Francis Mercier’s website
- Creating guidelines for EPK’s and other decks such as sponsorships / licensing
- Recycling images captured at DRR Events to create social media content
- Creating all text images w. DRR branding showcasing company identity
- Managing Deep Root Records’ Dropbox and the optimal storing of Assets
- Maintaining, refurbishing, and updating Sponsorship Decks for DRR Events
- Recycling all artwork created by outside media teams for Customized Artist Versions
- Ordering Merchandise for Deep Root Events, suggest innovative Merch Items + Distribution
- Developing weekly content planning for Deep Root and its artists
D. Wyn Sub – Label Division