We are looking for a Nurse Practitioner (NP) who has experience in interventional pain management with excellent communication skills and an upbeat attitude to join our small but growing team. We are looking for team players who will treat our patients and employees with dignity and respect. The NP will initially work side-by-side with the physician and eventually transition to see patients independently.
We are located in Newark, DE near Christiana Hospital. We are a new practice in the area offering cutting-edge treatments for chronic pain, effectively helping patients avoid the need for opioids.
We are a small team of smart, passionate, hard-working, and dedicated individuals looking for new like-minded team members that are willing to take the extra step and grow with our practice.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform physical examinations and screenings of patients, appropriately diagnose musculoskeletal injuries and muscle sprains, and help create a treatment management plan to include therapy, medication, and interventional options
- Prescribe appropriate medications, consistent with practice guidelines
- Order or administer tests (e.g. urinalysis, blood work) and review and interpret results
- Order, review, and interpret diagnostic imaging
- Complete comprehensive history and physical examination of patients
- Provide appropriate referrals to other providers consistent with plan of care
- Maintain and update patient records and complete/submit notes in timely fashion
- Be comfortable seeing post-op visits and follow-ups in clinic
- Experience with treating herniated lumbar and cervical discs, motor vehicle injuries, and work-related injuries
- Proven skills and knowledge base for independent clinical decision making
- Current/Active license in Delaware
- DEA certification
- Strong knowledge of HIPAA and OSHA
- Ability to operate as part of a team and show respect to all members and physician staff
- Proficiency with using computers and EMR charting systems
- Knowledge of modalities utilized in pain management
- Understanding in appropriate prescription practices for opioid medications