ABOUT DELPHOS INTERNATIONAL:
Delphos International is a premier independent financial advisory firm specializing in raising long-term, competitively-priced capital for businesses in emerging markets. Founded in 1987, we have arranged over $12 billion in development finance (equity, grants, loans, loan guarantees, and insurance) to support the efforts of over 1,000 companies. We specialize in tapping into the resources of more than 350 government agencies and multilateral organizations worldwide to help clients realize their international business goals and have sustainable impact. In addition to our capital raising efforts, Delphos International has broad experience providing financial advisory services to government and private sector clients across multiple industries, including power, telecoms, agriculture, social infrastructure, real estate, and financial services, among others. Our geographic scope covers emerging and frontier markets globally, including Africa, Asia, Latin America, the Middle East, and Eastern Europe.
For more details, visit www.delphosinternational.com .
The Finance Associate is a vital member of the Delphos team. This position works to analyze and promote the bankability of emerging markets projects, identify and foster relationships with potential lenders, and advise transactions to financial close. To do so, this position is responsible for extensive financial modeling, scenario analysis, and finance transaction assistance. The Associate supports multiple finance transactions and company initiatives to ensure Delphos assists its clients and meets its overall goals, working closely with senior team members and international clients, and reporting directly to a Vice President.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following (listed in order of importance):
· Build, audit, manipulate/edit, and interpret dynamic financial models for greenfield and expansion infrastructure projects complete with financial statements, assumptions, covenant and return analysis, and other schedules as appropriate.
· Design and build out compelling modeling-based solutions for client analysis and deliverables.
· Conduct in-depth sensitivity and scenario analyses for client businesses and financial models and produce visually compelling charts and summaries.
· Write thorough and well-organized financial, credit and/or commercial memoranda for clients and investors.
· Assist in various tasks related to the origination and closing of project finance transactions.
· Analyze the credit standing and business prospects of companies and financial institutions based on financial models. Summarize and analyze critical assumptions, key risks, and financial performance of companies.
· Some domestic and international travel and client interface required with experience.
· Education: Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, accounting, business or related field. Training in financial modeling and credit analysis a plus.
· Prior Experience: One or more years of financial modeling experience working for an accounting firm, investment or commercial bank, development finance institution, consulting/transaction advisory firm, or for a corporation. Relevant experience working in energy infrastructure, or telecom sectors or experience with project finance, M&A, investment/commercial banking or DFI lending is a plus.
· Required Skills include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Intermediate financial modeling and sensitivity analysis skills.
- Experience analyzing and interpreting historical financial statements, including familiarity with the GAAP/IAS standards.
- Experience analyzing businesses for key assumptions, trends, risks, context supply/demand dynamics, and contracts.
- MS Excel expertise; working knowledge of macros/visual basic a plus.
- Ability to work independently under tight deadlines, often in an fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate with internal and external audiences.
- Concise and persuasive business writing skills.
- Foreign language skills a plus.
· Compensation: $65k-$80k base salary based on experience and qualifications. Significant bonus potential. 401k plan and market-standard benefit package.
· Potential for rapid career growth in a small, dynamic organization.
· Location: We are looking to fill positions in London, Hong Kong, and Washington, D.C.
Interested candidates should email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Selected candidates will be asked to participate in multiple rounds of interviews in order to meet the team and to confirm that the requirements set out above are met.
If extended an offer, the candidate will be required to pass a background check and a drug test.
STATEMENT OF NON-DISCRIMINATION: Delphos International is strongly committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural staff. Delphos International does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, age, religion, sexual orientation, nationality, or ethnicity.