The Research & Investment Analytics and Data department at Dimensional is integral both in the successful day-to-day functioning of the firm and in helping develop and implement Dimensional’s long-term strategy. The team produces high-quality, thought-leadership research on investments and financial markets that is of interest to and helps educate clients. This team is also responsible for ownership of investment data, which means managing data from acquisition through distribution, driving analysis to create information from data, and creating the information and analysis consumed by internal and external reports. Research is also involved in the design and development of the firm’s investment approach and the application of that approach through portfolio management and trading.
This ten-week program will expose interns to the day-to-day activities of the Research group. Interns will gain an understanding of what it’s like to be a Research Analyst at Dimensional, as they will be involved in projects that meet our firm’s current business needs. You will be expected to use your intellect, quantitative reasoning, and computational skills to identify and solve the various issues that arise in a fast-paced environment, working simultaneously on numerous individual projects and team-based initiatives. Projects may include helping produce high quality, academically grounded research to support our investments strategies, managing and distributing quality data and analysis to aid the portfolio management and sales processes, and developing new procedures based on evolving business requirements. This position is best suited for candidates who are interested in learning the broad principles of Dimensional’s investment philosophy and the nuanced application of those principles in our investment process.
- Minimum GPA of 3.2; GPA of 3.5 or higher preferred
- Pursuing an undergraduate or specialized masters degree with an expected graduation date of December 2021 – June 2022
- Experience working with large data sets.
- Knowledge of databases and query language (T-SQL, SAS) is highly considered, as pulling data from databases and performing analysis is a major component of the job.
- Programming skills (C#, Python, R, Stata, Java) are required.
- Strong logic skills – ability to see the big picture while remaining detail focused.
- Strong written and oral communication skills are preferred.
- We are only considering Winter 2021 and Spring 2022 graduates
- Must be authorized to work in the US. If you are an F1 student requiring sponsorship in the future, your program must be STEM and eligible for the 2 year OPT extension.