Dimensional Fund Advisors is seeking undergrad or graduate level students actively pursuing a degree to join our 2021 summer internship program. This ten-week program will expose interns to the day-to-day activities of software engineers in the technology department. Hands-on training, interesting opportunities, and mentorship from professionals will equip you to leave the internship with real-world Financial Services and Technology industry experience.
Interns will gain insight through in-depth learning sessions and given opportunities to help drive creative solutions to challenging problems working in an agile environment. With mentorship from an experienced software engineer, interns will have the ability to own a project that creates business value and showcases your technical chops. At the completion of your internship, interns will present their work to management.
- Minimum GPA of 3.2; 3.5 or higher preferred
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate or specialized masters degree, preferably in a computer science or engineering program, with an expected graduation date of December 2021 – June 2022
- Experience writing applications in one or more languages
- Experience writing automated tests and using version control
- Comfortable working in both Linux and Windows environments
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without employer sponsorship
- Ability to absorb and apply information from formal and informal learning
- Experience working in Agile environment
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented, organized, highly motivated, and able to work independently and in a team environment
- Self-starter who is capable of managing multiple projects and meeting deadlines