At Dishcraft Robotics, our mission is to create better workplaces for humans. We are a venture-backed Bay Area start-up combining robotics, computer vision, machine learning, and innovative mechanical design to create the kitchen of the future. Come join our talented team as we create advanced machines for the food industry.
First and foremost at Dishcraft, we value people, intellectual curiosity and transparent communication. We are looking for a highly motivated, intellectually curious and passionate engineers to bring our robots to life. As an intern, you will learn about the design process and manufacture through hands-on work. Tasks may include mechanical design, testing, manufacturing sourcing, assembly, and troubleshooting.
About The Role
- Perform mechanical design and development of a multi-stage robotic system
- Take ownership of a well-defined engineering project and creating deliverables
- Create CAD of assemblies and manage the product lifecycle
- Work with motors, encoders, linear actuators, and sensors
- Perform mechanical analysis such as calculating static and dynamic forces and calculating tolerance stack-ups
- Execute system assembly and hands-on fabrication work
- Collaboration with other mechanical engineers, product managers, test engineers, software engineers, vendors, and design consultants.
- Work for a minimum duration of 3 months
- A student pursuing a degree in mechanical engineering or physics
- Proficiency with CAD software (preferably Solidworks)
- The desire to learn, explore tasks and seek feedback
- Some experience with mechanical design
- Knowledge of rapid prototyping methods such as 3D printing, laser cutting, and basic machining
- Some familiarity with motion control components such as motors, encoders, linear actuators, hydraulics, pneumatics, and other sensors
- Ability to plan and prioritize tasks
- Ability to work with outside vendors and shops
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A desire to be part of a fast-moving start-up and work in a collaborative environment with few rigid boundaries
Dishcraft Robotics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy status, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristics protected by law.