We’re looking for a research engineer in advertising who is comfortable working with multiple languages, frameworks, platforms and excited to participate in cutting-edge applied research in machine intelligence and machine learning applications. As a research engineer, you’ll be responsible for formulating industrial problems into research questions and thus performing research to innovate solutions for content understanding and filtering. If you’re excited to work with a group of friendly and experienced machine learning researchers to build the machine intelligence to support high-performance, high-availability, scalable services, this is likely the team for you.
- Major contributor of continuous improvements in the quality of content understanding/filtering in Hotstar.
- Keep track of both industry and academic research trends in related areas, including but not limited to natural language processing and machine learning.
- Participate in NLP projects planning with product managers and the team based on data-driven investigation methods and industry trends.
- Propose, implement, test and verify algorithmic solutions for upcoming product features.
- Implement systems that combine machine learning and product design to continuously improve over time.
- Design and Develop prototype, proof of concept, and demo systems for NLP component and platform
- Work closely with other research engineers to develop component requirements for information extraction, classification, clustering, query understanding, semantic analysis, tokenization, named entity recognition, text mining, etc.
- Participate in content genome and trending platform building activities with thorough investigation on the state-of-the-art and the technology trends in natural language processing.
- Maintenance and troubleshooting the offline and online NLP algorithms on product.
- Partner closely with other product teams across the organization to experiment with different algorithms and validate their effectiveness, while gaining knowledge of how ML works in all these products.
- Experience: Master degree or above. 1+ year experience of practical algorithm design and implementation in NLP or machine learning related fields.
- Knowledge: Solid mathematics, computer and machine learning background. Solid knowledge and hands-on experiences in natural language processing, e.g. text classification/translation, sentiment analysis, etc. Coding skills and experiences in Python/Java/Scala/R or other related programming languages.
- Problem Solving: Logical thinker with good problem solving and analytical ability to apply your mathematical, algorithmic and other expertise to solve real problems.
- Learning Ability: Strong ability to master new technology in short time and apply to solve practical problems.
- Motivation: Passion for applied research and new technology, open to interdisciplinary work.
- Collaboration: Participated at least 1 team projects and played an important role to push the projects forward with others.
- Communication: Good communication skills, both verbal and written.