In collaboration with the Executive Director, responsible for conceiving, developing, and implementing the artistic vision and focus of the organization and translate it into creative programming utilizing performance and creative arts as the platform. This individual will have oversight of the yearly productions, educational camp and class programming, community outreach and any additional programming/events produced by DreamWrights. FT salaried position
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Creative Idea Generation
· Brainstorm and implement ideas for innovative programming virtually and in person.
· Augment and expand creative elements of current programming.
· Connect with and engage DW participants in positive relationships.
Education – Camps/Classes/Workshops:
· Provide direction and framework of DW core values as related to camps, classes, and workshops.
· Develop and schedule annual slate of camps, classes, and workshops.
· Share professional expertise by teaching onsite and offsite classes and workshops for students of all ages as schedule allows.
· Recruit, supervise and evaluate qualified Teaching Artists.
· Oversee camp scholarship program: applications and awards.
· Supervise teen camp counselors.
· Foster the development of good relations with other community organizations by participating in meetings and joint activities where appropriate.
· Identify potential outreach opportunities that take DreamWrights’ programs beyond the theatre and into the community and bring the greater community back to DreamWrights.
· Act as positive spokesperson for the DreamWrights’ artistic programs through speaking engagements, and at fundraising events and donor solicitations, as requested.
Oversight of Yearly Productions:
· Provide direction and framework of DW core values as related to productions.
· Select an annual season of plays and musicals for both mainstage and studio.
· Create and oversee annual production calendar to include auditions, callbacks, production team meetings, rehearsals and performance dates, production headshots, promotional photos and production photography.
· Secure licensing and oversee royalty payments for all productions.
· Supervise Costume Coordinator and Technical Director
· Recruit, supervise, and mentor volunteer Guest Directors, Music Directors, Choreographers, Costume Designers, Properties Designers, Production Stage Managers and Assistant Stage Managers.
· Coordinate the artistic elements of each production with all members of the Production Teams.
· Assist with auditions, callbacks, and casting.
· Direct three or more annual productions as schedule allows.
· Create and provide continuing education opportunities for Guest Directors.
· Collaborate with Marketing Coordinator to prepare all audition scheduling, audition forms and materials, rehearsal and crew schedules, callback, and casting information.
· Collaborate with Marketing Coordinator to publicize and promote all productions.
· Coordinate with Office Administrator on production team contacts, code of conduct, and background checks.
· Review content for weekly Company emails and send to Office Administrator for messaging.
Management and Administration:
· Assist the Executive Director with budget development for all program areas.
· Track and report revenues and expenses related to programming.
· Coordinate the scheduling of all programming related activities by creating and implementing production schedules, production timelines and overseeing deadlines and goals.
· Work closely with Marketing Coordinator to brainstorm and develop marketing/promotional materials for all programming related activities/community outreach.
· Adhere to DW by laws, policies, and procedures.
· Schedule, lead and oversee all production and/or creative meetings for all programming related activities produced by DreamWrights.
· Create and implement an approval process for all creative elements for all programming related activities being produced by DreamWrights.
· Create and implement an approval process for all promotional/marketing materials involving DreamWrights, focusing on content and branding.