Help us shape the future of education.
Our mission is to make language education free, fun and accessible for everyone in the world.
With 300 million total users worldwide, Duolingo is the most popular way to learn a language online.
As an intern at Duolingo, you’ll make an impact by working on real projects that affect our millions of users, while developing your career through hands-on learning and mentorship.
What you’ll do…
- Collaborate on full-stack software projects in collaboration with product design
- Develop, release, and maintain services and/or infrastructure
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Past Projects include:
- Spanish audio lessons, to improve listening comprehension
- Adding pinyin to the Chinese course
- Revamp of Achievements, a popular gamification feature
- Adding Stripe as a payment mechanism for Duolingo Plus
- Filtering out bad ads
- Improving cache performance
What we’re looking for…
- Graduating in Spring 2022 or sooner
- Pursuing a B.S. or M.S. degree in Computer Science or related technical field (i.e. math, physics or data science)
- Knowledge of programming languages
- Dedication to our mission of accessible education
- 12 week consecutive availability
- Willingness to relocate to Pittsburgh, PA
Why you’ll love working here…
- Language learning opportunities
- Catered in-house lunches, and breakfast and dinner options
- Company-wide Hackathon
- PTO and company holidays
- Frequent company-wide dinners, monthly celebrations, social clubs, and so much more!