College Internship Program
The following positions are available on a paid basis to work as a, Student intern for college credit and market rate wage.
Entry – Mid Level Accounting Intern / Clerk responsibilities include performing a range of accounting assistant assignments while learning the methods, processes, and procedures of keeping financial records updated, preparing reports, reconciling bank statements. You may become familiar with how this information can be integrated into the Securities and Exchange Commission rules. You will also run accounting software programs to process business transactions, like accounts payable and receivable, disbursements, expense vouchers and receipts.
Job Description Overview:
We are looking for a skilled entry to mid-level Accounting Clerk to perform a variety of accounting, bookkeeping and financial tasks on a part time basis using Quickbooks pro 2015 – 2019 version, excel and other interrelated software.
Accounting Clerk responsibilities include keeping financial records updated, preparing reports and reconciling bank statements. You will also run accounting software programs (e.g. SAP) to process business transactions, like accounts payable and receivable, disbursements, expense vouchers and receipts. A successful accounting assistant should be familiar with all accounting procedures and have a flair for numbers. Ultimately, a successful Accounting Clerk will ensure that the company’s daily accounting functions run accurately and effectively.
- Provide accounting and clerical support to the accounting department
- Type accurately, prepare and maintain accounting documents and records
- Prepare bank deposits, general ledger postings and statements
- Reconcile accounts in a timely manner
- Daily enter key data of financial transactions in database
- Provide, assistance and support to company personnel
- Research, track and restore accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies
- Inform management and compile reports/summaries on activity areas
- Function in accordance with established standards, procedures and applicable laws
- Constantly update job knowledge
- Proven accounting experience, preferably as an Accounts receivable clerk or Accounts payable clerk
- Familiarity with bookkeeping and basic accounting procedures based on GAAP guidelines
- Competency in MS Office, Quickbooks Pro, Excel, databases and accounting software
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and financial reports
- Well organized with an Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers
- Ability to perform filing and record keeping tasks
- Data entry and word processing skills
- High school diploma w/a minimum of two years of college accounting classes or relevant education.