EdOps specializes in the finance, student data and operations work of leading schools. Our mission is to minimize the financial, operational, and compliance demands of running a school and to support education leaders with data-driven insights to improve student outcomes. Our range of services includes finance & accounting, grants management, student data analytics & management, human resources, strategic consulting, and facilities finance support.
With a rapidly growing team of 70+ education professionals around the country, EdOps works with a range of schools and networks in multiple states to ensure operational excellence in support of student achievement. We are quickly growing and always hiring! Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, and start dates + location are flexible.
The charter school finance specialist position is ideal for an individual looking to apply business, analytical, and finance/accounting skills to the social sector.
- Serve as out-sourced CFO for a portfolio of charter schools, advising these schools’ leaders and Boards on matters pertaining to financial and operational policies, strategic decisions, and long-term financial planning
- Oversee all financial aspects of the schools, including accounts payable, payroll, grants administration, and financial compliance
- Maintain accounting books and prepare monthly financial statements and accompanying Board presentations
- Lead the annual budgeting process in partnership with school leadership
- Serve as schools’ primary contact during annual financial audits and 990 preparation
- Analyze, model, and solve problems on a wide range of business issues
- Liaise with the schools’ Boards, the state education authority (SEA), and the charter authorizer as needed
- At least 2 years of work experience, preferably in a related field (finance, accounting, or K-12 education); additional work experience may be substituted for an advanced degree in some cases. We welcome former teachers seeking to transition into an operations role.
- Strong MS Excel skills and financial modeling experience (familiarity with accounting software a plus)
- Exceptional quantitative analysis, strategic thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Strong client communication and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to education and knowledge of charter schools a major plus
- Ability to occasionally travel within region and work non-standard hours to attend evening board meetings