($10,000 Sign on Bonus)
Are you tired of the grind of the hospital world? If yes, then join us at Eliada Homes on our 312 acre campus to work with youth in need. We have a large campus with multiple facilities to include a barn and equine program as well as other farm animals. You would be eligible for a bonus up to 5k with the signing of a 2 year contract to be paid out in instalments in 90 day increments.
Eliada Homes for Children is seeking Registered Nurse who want to make a difference in the lives of young people through a unique nursing opportunity in a beautiful setting in West Asheville. Guided by excellence, integrity, teamwork and compassion, our nursing staff works closely with 3 separate residential cottages to ensure a healthy, therapeutic environment that promotes learning and growth for the adolescents in our Psychiatric Residential Treatment Facilities. Enjoy some of the best views in town as you walk between the cottages providing care.
Major Responsibilities include:
- Rotating on call responsibility of 2 days per month.
- Obtain orders and administer medications.
- Monitor effectiveness and side effects of medication regimen.
- Complete thorough and accurate medication documentation to insure compliance with licensure and accreditation requirements.
- Monitor use of therapeutic holds in PRTF units. Order the immediate initiation of therapeutic holds and obtain orders from MD, PA or NP for continuation of hold.
- Monitor students throughout restrictive interventions and conduct health status checks per licensure rules.
- Notify Medical Director of all therapeutic holds.
- Perform physical assessments and review health information on Residential students for admission and medical evaluation purposes and to assist staff in developing plans to meet their medical needs.
- Coordinate access to appropriate service providers as needed.
- Provide education to students and staff in the following areas: psychotropic medications, sex education, self-care, and other health topics as needed.
- Provide first-aid.
- Provide medical guidance and administer medications on an as needed bases for our Day Treatment Program.
- Provide general head to toe assessment for new admissions to our Therapeutic Foster Care Program.
This position requires a valid NC RN licensure. Experience working with children and/or adolescents strongly preferred. Must be able to work a flexible schedule including alternating weekends and holidays. Ability to work in high pressure, high stress environment is a must.