About the Company
Ember Health is a fast growing organization addressing depression by administering infusions of ketamine in a safe, monitored medical environment. Whereas traditional antidepressants help less than half of people, our treatments have relieved depressive symptoms in 85% of the people we serve.
We are building the gold standard of care in this cutting edge field by leading with evidence, designing for optimal patient experience and outcomes, and partnering with a larger ecosystem of mental health providers. We strive to live our values by operating with the highest degree of integrity, compassion, and excellence.
As this requires distinctive talent, we are building a team slowly and carefully. Each member plays an integral part of creating a truly transformative solution in the field of mental health. Our culture is defined by a shared commitment to compassionate care, thoughtful attention to detail, and professional excellence.
About the position
We are looking for an infusion nurse, distinguished by his or her compassion, curiosity, and desire to learn and grow. This role will include clinical administration and oversight of ketamine infusions as well as patient relationship development and communications. This person will help craft and administer an evolving care model for a cutting edge, high impact mental healthcare solution. This is a full time role in Brooklyn Heights, New York, with salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Acceptable candidates must have a current New York State License in one of the following professions: Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Registered Professional Nurse (RN), Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS), or Nurse Practitioner (NP).
- Ownership of patient care in-office including:
- Excellent skills in placement of peripheral IVs
- Facilitation of IV infusions in accordance with Ember Health protocols
- Conversations with patients pre and post infusion to provide clear instruction and set the tone for treatment
- Monitoring of patients during the infusion process
- Creation of a calming, safe, and professional environment
- Maintenance of accurate electronic medical records and efficacy data
- Management of a highly-organized, safe, and clean work area
- Long term relationship development with patients, including capture and synthesis of feedback about clinical outcomes as well as the Ember Health experience
- Regular surfacing of ideas for how to improve patient care
- You are warm, compassionate, and empathetic. You are motivated to help others, and have a way of building trusting, caring relationships with ease.
- You are mission driven. You are motivated to help people realize their full potential, and are a fantastic ambassador for a cause you believe in.
- You are a skilled communicator. You’re both a great listener and an effective speaker and writer. You are able to hold the space for people as they share highly personal and profound experiences.
- You are detail-oriented and have excellent organizational skills. You take pride in a beautifully placed IV every time, and typos in your emails make you cringe.
- You are passionate about learning. You seek out direct feedback and love to invest in your personal development. You’re resilient in the face of challenge.
- Highly adept at placing IVs, trained and experienced in cardio-respiratory monitoring, and comfortable monitoring patients during procedural sedation
- Professional experience and comfort with therapeutic patient communications
- Experience in mental health desired, with a working knowledge of depression
Why the Role is Compelling
As the Infusion Nurse of our Brooklyn Heights location, you would be an integral part of the mental health of dozens of people seeking relief from depression. Your contributions would help establish the standard of care for one of the most promising treatment options in mental health. You would work within a supportive, development-oriented environment, committed to your professional growth and personal priorities. You would have a direct line of sight into the growth of an entrepreneurial company, poised at the forefront of a field realizing breakthrough results in mental health.