2021 Virtual Summer Associate Program
Emblem Health is a health and wellness company that provides insurance plans, primary and specialty care, and wellness solutions. As one of the nation’s largest nonprofit health insurers, we serve more than 3 million people in the New York tristate area. EmblemHealth’s family of companies includes ConnectiCare, one of Connecticut’s leading health plans; AdvantageCare Physicians, a primary and specialty medical group; and WellSpark, a digital wellness company.
Our mission is to create healthier futures for our customers and communities. If you want to be a part of a bigger story, if you want to make a difference in people lives and the communities around you, if you think healthcare matters to every one of us – Join us!
The Summer Associate Program provides opportunity for students to work alongside of senior leaders who are committed to growing, developing and empowering the next generation of healthcare leaders.
All Summer Associates will work on special projects designed by the business and participate in the following career development activities:
- An Introduction to the Health Care Industry
- Senior Leadership Power Networking Lunch
- Learning & Development Series
- Final Project Presentations to Senior Leaders
- 9-week paid program; Monday, June 7, 2021 to Friday, August 6, 2021
- Full-time; 40 hours per week
- Hourly rate of $30 per hour
- 100% virtual/remote
Opportunities Available in the following areas-
- Contracting & Analytics
- Human Resources
- Medical Management
- Strategy & Planning
We are looking for candidates who are-
- Pursing an undergraduate or graduate degree in the healthcare industry; rising undergraduate juniors/seniors preferred
- Strong academic performance, minimum GPA of 3.0 or above preferred
- Analytical, collaborative and strong communication skills
- Project management