Enumerix is a nascent, venture-backed biotechnology company in Palo Alto developing next-generation technology platforms for academic and clinical researchers. We are a group of innovative engineers and scientists with demonstrated success in building products in genomics. We are looking for an Intern – Research to support our new technology platform development in a 6-month internship.
- Evaluate our technology prototype by performing various molecular biology assays, with the expectation that the prototype system is constantly evolving and improving
- Generate application data demonstrating the value of our platform to potential collaborators
- Learn fundamental data analysis philosophy and techniques
- Participating in molecular assay design, testing, and improvements, and routing constructive feedback to the engineering team
- Completing all assigned laboratory tasks along with writing proper documentation
- Performing general laboratory maintenance duties
- Gaining knowledge of company policies, protocols, and processes
- Following all company health and safety codes
- Recent college graduate, or a college/master’s student with prior experience in a research laboratory setting, with a degree focused in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Bioengineering or equivalent
- Hands on experience with common molecular biology techniques such as pipetting, PCR, etc
- Coursework or research experience in genetics and/or molecular biology
- Excellent written, verbal, communication and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with R, MATLAB, and/or Python is a plus
- Superb attention to detail and interest in scientific discovery
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Enumerix has adopted a series of policies to ensure employee safety. For example, temperature checks are required prior to entering the company’s premises, personal protective equipment (PPE) are provided, and employee workspace is arranged to accommodate social distancing measures.
Enumerix provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Enumerix complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.