Epic Games Infrastructure Engineering is looking for a smart, creative Infrastructure Engineer Intern to join them for Fall 2021. Our Interns are given challenging projects over the work term, and are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
Infrastructure Operations is responsible for the production cloud environments supporting Fortnite and many other Epic services, and our responsibilities involve a blend of operational support, platform development, and developer tooling. We’re globally distributed to provide follow-the-sun support for our internal customers everywhere.
- Design and implement state of the art deployment tooling for online games.
- Leverage emerging cloud technologies to provide self-service workflows that enable development teams to build, test, release, scale and support online games and services continuously, with high confidence.
- Build applications to provide visibility and control of complex release workflows and deployments at scale.
- Operate Epic’s cloud platform and provide service owner support and participate in incident escalations.
- Degree in CS or related field with focus on back end development.
- Demonstrable scripting experience with a variety of scripting languages for automating tasks, generating reports, and creating tools- Python preferred.
- Experience with non relational databases – Mongo DB preferred.
- Experience with CI/CD systems
- Experience with AWS and cloud infrastructure desired
- Kubernetes domain expertise desired
This is a paid, remote internship during Fall 2021. Recruitment will be ongoing until teams find an ideal match. For more information about Epic Internships, visit Epicgames.com/students
This is going to be Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.