Epic Games is on the lookout for smart, dynamic interns to join our dev teams. When you join Epic you’ll join a team that’s pushing the limits of gaming and interactive. From Unreal Engine and Fortnite, to TwinMotion and the Epic Games Store, you’ll contribute to the unrelenting focus on innovation, quality and community that defines us.
Epic Games Fortnite team is looking for a creative UX Data Research Intern to join them in 2022. As a UX Data Research Intern you will plan, execute, evaluate, and share analysis of user responses using a variety of methods. You’ll be instrumental in helping us shape the look and feel of Fortnite and increase the quality and overall user experience of the game.
Our Interns are given challenging projects over the work term, and are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
- Analyzing open ended survey data, assessing survey responses and establishing next steps
- Choose and define appropriate metrics that reflect the quality of user experience as well as the impact of design
- Take a variety of primary and secondary source materials such as analytics, survey results, user behavior, data, and best practices to craft actionable and unbiased recommendations
- Explore new tools, such as biometrics, to constantly improve our process
- Connecting open ended survey responses to Gameplay data
- Graduate Degree or above in Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Interaction Design, Cognitive Psychology, Cognitive Science, or related field
- Knowledge of user-centric design principles, HCI, and usability heuristics
- Good understanding of statistics and analytics
- Familiarity with SQL, Python and Anaconda
- Experience with Natural Language Processing
- Previous projects showcasing planning and selecting optimal research methods
- Understanding of game design and development, preferably relating to Epic Games products
This is a remote, paid internship for 2022 with a flexible start date. Recruitment will be ongoing until teams find an ideal match. For more information about Epic Internships, visit Epicgames.com/students.
This is going to be Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.