At Equitable, our power is in our people.
We’re individuals from different cultures and backgrounds. Those differences make us stronger as a team and a force for good in our communities. Here, you’ll work with dynamic individuals, build your skills, and unleash new ways of working and thinking. Are you ready to join an organization that will help unlock your potential?
The Investor Relations Intern will support the Investor Relations area within Finance at Equitable Holdings (EQH) and have opportunity to learn about additional functions through group research projects and networking opportunities with peers in the program.
This department communicates with investors to provide them with relevant information regarding Equitable affairs to assist them in making informed buy and sell decisions. It is also responsible for keeping up with peer companies’ earnings and statuses.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordination and preparation of various management presentations (e.g. monthly and quarterly reviews with executive management team, internal and external board meetings, other meetings and conferences)
- Opportunity to deliver clear, cohesive, compelling presentations to leadership teams in/outside of Finance
- Assist in project management and planning of key events/priorities
- Perform financial analysis, strategic business analysis and detailed industry research
- Contribute to team discussions and client meetings
- Assist in execution of process improvement initiatives
- Assist in promotion of team engagement
- Final research project to be presented to leaders in the Finance organization
Skills required to ensure your success include:
- Problem Solving: Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply knowledge of problem solving appropriately to in a wide variety of situations.
- Teamwork: Belief in the necessity and value of teamwork; experience working cooperatively towards shared goals and being supportive of others at all levels.
- Communication: Understanding the importance of insightful listening and communicating along with the ability to provide information and messages in a way that produces clarity and impact.
- Planning and Organizing: Knowledge of the process of planning and arranging tasks and resources; ability to plan and organize both time and resources to get things completed while structuring and maintaining work in a systematic and highly methodical way.
- Continuous Learning: Understanding of the rationale behind the necessity to continually learn and grow and the ability to seek performance feedback and identify approaches to improve own performance and that of others.
- Results Orientation: Knowledge of the importance of meeting or exceeding established targets; ability to drive critical activities to completion.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: Demonstrates a commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion by treating everyone with respect and dignity, ensuring all voices are heard and advocating or change.
- Rising senior or rising junior working towards four-year Undergraduate degree, preferrably within Finance, Business, Econmics and/or Mathematics
- 1+ year experience with Microsoft Office products
- Proven experience with financial/quantitative data analysis
- Written and verbal communications skills, with ability to formulate clear and concise executive “messages” to internal and external audiences from complex topics
- Ability to deliver results in a fast-paced environment, manage multiple projects, solve problems and think strategically/critically
- Pro-active, good comfort level with working in an often-ambiguous environment, anticipating needs and staying ahead of them
- Interpersonal skills and high level of comfort/ease to interact with all levels of the organization
- Organized with attention to detail
- Uncompromising integrity and ability to maintain strict confidentiality