EquityMultiple is seeking a Staff Accountant to join a growing and entrepreneurial financial technology firm focused on real estate syndication to accredited investors. Reporting directly to the Comptroller, this role will support all accounting activities at the company, including but not limited to, managing relationships with third-party accountants/auditors, preparation of corporate, investment entity-level and consolidated financial statements, implementation of accounting processes and procedures, bill and expense approval. This is a creative position to support in the growth of our accounting department and work closely with the heads of the finance and operations team.
This position is located in Manhattan, however, due to the impacts of COVID-19 EquityMultiple is currently operating remotely. There will be opportunities for in-person interaction and collaboration with colleagues via work summits and company culture events which you can attend wholly at your option and not obligation. Currently, there is a plan to return to in-person office operations in CY2021. Until that time, extensive use of the Google Workspace suite of collaboration and video conferencing tools are employed to maximize support and coordination within and amongst teams with regular All-Hands meetings as well.
- Conduct reconciliation of all bank accounts to assert the accuracy of transactions on a monthly basis
- Update and maintain and balance the general ledgers in an accurate, complete, and up-to-date manner
- Perform all activities related to the accounts payable function including reviewing, coding, and processing payments
- Perform account receivable functions including invoicing, deposits, collections, and revenue recognition
- Maintain an accurate record of financial transactions
- Reconciliation of entries into the accounting system
- Recording of debits and credits
- Maintain the trial balance, by a reconciliation of general ledgers
- Record journal entries as required in Quickbooks
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 3-5 years relevant experience working in accounting and bookkeeping
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of GAAP
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient skills in QuickBooks and Microsoft Excel
- Experience with accounts payable, accounts receivable, and general ledger
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Data entry skills
- Produce work with a high level of accuracy
- Professionalism and organization skills
- Knowledge of Quickbooks
EquityMultiple is a commercial real estate investment and technology firm that provides accredited investors access to professionally vetted, private real estate transactions across property types and risk profiles. EquityMultiple’s mission is to make real estate investing simple, accessible, and transparent. To date, EquityMultiple’s investors have participated in over $2.5 billion in commercial real estate transactions through its online investing platform. For more information, please visit https://www.equitymultiple.com/.
EquityMultiple is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.