About this job:
As the Design Engineer Intern Team Lead, the responsibilities include, researching potential designs for a medical device, collaborating with our engineering team, and manage team members and lead team meetings. Close collaboration with other departments and the CEO will happen weekly. This internship would be ideal for anyone seeking to gain in-industry experience and utilize their engineering skills. This is an unpaid internship, but we can offer college credit, or CPT or OPT sponsorship.
- Design stability solutions for the Biostabilizer device; this includes electronics and pneumatics
- Production process plan for pilot devices
- Perform the duties assigned by the supervisor
- Draw schematics of the designs
- Collaborate cross-functionally with management and other engineers
- In charge of the bill of materials and keeping hardware up to date
- Leading team meetings and collaborating with CEO and other departments
- Experience in the following areas:
- Experience with Solid Works or other design software
- Experience developing engineering approach
- Experience developing code architecture and coding approach
- Experience in scientific/academic areas, such as research and statistics
- Bonus: finite element analysis experience
- Ability to communicate effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented
- Ability to work remotely, independently, and as part of a collaborative team
- Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills
- Interest in working with biomedical devices
- Pursuing or have a degree in Biomedical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Software Engineering, Kinesiology, Science, or a related field
- We have a strong internship program, where interns work directly with an outward-facing executive
- You will be gaining a great mentorship with one of our executives with a background as a Faculty Medical Instructor and Research Associate in institutions such as UCLA, and consultants who are on top of their respective fields in engineering, biomechanics, ACL injury prevention, and sports injuries.
- Increase your presence in the healthcare community.
- This is an unpaid part-time remote internship available for college credit, OPT, or CPT.
Job Types: Part-time, Internship