About this Job:
Esurgi seeks a Hardware Process Planning Engineering intern to help develop a prototype for a smart biofeedback physical therapy device. Interns will gain in-industry experience, hone their engineering skills, and build medical devices that transform the healthcare industry.
The engineer would be working on the Biostabilier. It is the only digital and automated Pressure Biofeedback Unit (PBU) device available on the market. PBUs are widely used by physical therapists for spinal stabilization and core strengthening.
- Development, implementation, and assembly of a digital biofeedback device that provides a visual indication if you are working the correct postural muscles in the right manner when performing physical exercises
- Understand product requirements and high-level design
- Research components with similar functions to identify how others have built similar hardware projects
- Must live in commuting distance to Baltimore, Maryland.
- Background knowledge with pneumatics, tubing, piping, manufacturing, processing
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in, or be a junior or senior majoring in, biomedical Engineering, mechanical engineering, or a related field.
- Experience with independent problem solving, especially for engineering issues.
- Experience in researching technical documentation and implementation.
- Pursuing or has a master’s degree in Biomedical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field.
- Knowledge of or experience with pneumatics, tubing, piping, manufacturing, processing, and microcontrollers.
- Rapid prototyping experience.
- Proficiency in CAD (SolidWorks).
- Experience in Biomedical device instrumentation.
- Ability to thrive in a multidisciplinary team setting.
- Remote (until the Fall), Timonium MD
- Flexible hours; 20-25 hours per week
Why this Internship?
- This is a strategic project, so you will be working directly with the CEO, a leader who helped to build a Fortune’s Most Admired, Forbes Fast Tech 25, and Career Bless one of Happiest Companies, and a startup who had a successful exit to SAP, and was a former program manager in health tech.
- Engage in discussion with industry experts and learning extensively about business operations and product strategy
Esurgi is a bio-health technology startup company. Our products include physical medicine, and rehabilitation and physical therapy, and Alzheimer’s Disease.
About our Internships:
An archetypical internship at Esurgi is essentially a special project in the work setting. The interns will be assigned a mentor with an executive background. The intern will be assigned objectives, and assigned realistic interdisciplinary projects within the Esurgi sphere. The intern and mentor will meet regularly to review the progress and plan of the intern.