About this Job
Do you want to gain valuable skills in team leadership and organization?
- Manage a team of 10 scientific writers
- Support team members in the writing process
- Copyedit articles from teammates
- Assist team members in setting and achieving goals for the internship
- Post occasionally to Esurgi’s social media outlets
- Lead weekly team meetings
- Attend meetings with various team within Esurgi
- Undergraduate student (junior or senior preferred)
- Target internship dates: February 2021 – August 2021 (start/end dates flexible)
- Must be able to commit 20-25 hours per week
- Experience with writing (school newspaper or scientific writing)
- Must follow through with responsibilities and have excellent time management
- Must maintain quick and clear communication via email and Slack application
- Strong editing skills
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented
- Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team
- Have strong curiosity about health sciences, health technology, and/or the business of healthcare
- Have some experience (academic or professional) with copy editing
- Technical writing experience in a relevant field of science is preferred
- We have a strong internship program, where interns work directly with an outward-facing executive
- Our company is dynamic and open to rethinking ideas and strategies in order to find what yields the best results.
- You will be gaining a great mentorship with one of our executives with a background as a Faculty Medical Instructor and Research Associate in institutions such as UCLA.
- Increase your presence in the healthcare community.
- Potential to take on a team leadership role exists for very successful interns.
ESURGI is a bio-health technology startup company. Our products include physical medicine, and rehabilitation and physical therapy, and medication reconciliation. ESURGI executives have built and developed successful technology companies. One of the companies in the Fortune Magazine as the World’s Most Admired Companies and Forbes Fast Tech 25. Our executives have a medical research background in institutions, such as UCLA.
About our Internships: An archetypical internship at Esurgi is essentially a special project in the work setting. The interns will be assigned a mentor with an executive background. The intern and the mentor will develop an internship plan. This will be based on the intern educational background, career goals, and realistic (preferably interdisciplinary / team) projects within the Esurgi sphere. The plan includes objectives, success factors, and deliverables. The intern and mentor will meet regularly to review the progress and plan of the intern. Typical conversations: How would you measure this in that context? I am curious about why you did not suggest those approaches. Given these available data sources, what would be your approach to calculating that?
This is an unpaid internship.