We are currently seeking a Software Engineer Intern who is excited to apply their educational experience to solve real-world problems on our EyeAD team. You will contribute to the research, outlining, and implementation of rigorous statistical algorithms as part of a dynamic team composed of computer scientists, engineers, product managers, and executives. Join us for a hands-on opportunity on the groundbreaking edge of innovation that will set you apart from your peers.
Why this Internship?
- Growth potential: Our previous Software Engineering interns have gone on to take full-time jobs in companies like Amazon, American Express, and more.
- Immersive project experience: By the end of the internship, you will have made a material impact on significant projects to add to your resume.
- Industry relevance: When collaborating with experienced and talented experts, you will hone specific programming skills that will prepare you for future success in the ever-evolving industry of software engineering and data science.
- Opportunity to learn: as a vital member of an early-stage startup, you will learn extensively about what it takes to achieve success as a software engineer / data scientist.
- Work as a part of a cross-collaborative team to research, explore, prototype, validate, and iterate on rigorous statistical algorithms to analyze eye-tracking data
- Help develop tools, infrastructure, and methodologies for measurements, comparisons, and reports
- Be passionate about science and thoroughly enjoy the challenges associated with complex problem-solving
- Attend weekly meetings with EyeAD team to provide updates on progress made
- Research past studies in terms of algorithms used for collecting eye tracking data
- Assist in algorithm development and code writing
Software Engineer Intern – Key Qualifications:
- Pursuing or having a bachelor’s/master’s degree in Computer Science / Computer Engineering / Information Technology / Biomedical Engineering or a closely related field
- Strong understanding of data structures, algorithms, and statistical analysis
- Experience with complex coding and algorithm development
- Experience working with multivariate datasets and knowledge of web databases
- Familiarity with machine learning / deep learning algorithms and building AI models
- Strong programming skills in languages such as Python, C/C++, or Java
- Passionate about science and thoroughly enjoy the challenges associated with complex problem-solving
- Highly organized, able to multi-task, and have an appreciation for detail
- Motivated, self-starter who is willing to take initiative
- Proven experience designing and implementing statistical algorithms
- Troubleshooting experience including testing and debugging
- Experience with data coding languages such as SQL, R, Python,or Java required
- Experience with eye-tracking technologies is a big plus (vision sensors, infrared sensors, video cameras, or any electronics related to eye-tracking)
- Pursuing or has a master’s degree in CS / CE or related field
ESURGI is an early-stage bio-health technology company leveraging common sense science to address some of the world’s most prevalent health issues. Current products deliver interactive, informative, and automated technology in a variety of areas including physical rehabilitation, disease detection, and preventative medicine. ESURGI executives have built and developed successful technology companies placed on Fortune Magazine’s World’s Most Admired Companies and Forbes Fast Tech 25, as well as a startup with a successful exit to SAP. Our executives have a medical research background in institutions, such as UCLA, and program management experience in health tech.
Our EyeAD product is one of our most strategic, with significant potential for real-world impact. An adjunct early screening and ongoing monitoring tool, EyeAD will focus on tracking specific eye movements and providing reliable, comprehensive data to identify changes suggestive of Alzheimer’s Disease. This device offers a remarkable way in which to identify at-risk individuals and track disease progression without prolonged testing, expensive radiologic imaging, or invasive tissue sampling.
We are searching for one motivated, driven, and collaborative intern for each of the following roles: Electrical Engineer Intern, Biomedical Engineer Intern, Software Engineer Intern, and Human Factors / Ergonomics Intern.
About our Internships:
An archetypical internship at Esurgi is essentially a special project in the work setting. The interns will be assigned a mentor with an executive background. The intern and the mentor will develop an internship plan based on the intern educational background, career goals, and realistic (preferably interdisciplinary / team) projects within the Esurgi sphere. The plan includes objectives, success factors, and deliverables. The intern and mentor will meet regularly to review the progress and plan of the intern. Typical conversations: How would you measure this in that context? I am curious about why you did not suggest those approaches. Given these available data sources, what would be your approach to calculating that?
This is a part-time (20 hrs/wk), unpaid internship. This project also qualifies for internship credit, CPT, and OPT.
Job Types: Part-time, Internship
Pay: $0.00 per hour